FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Water drip from washer bottle cover

My VIN:    03572

Water drip from washer bottle cover

My car has been up on blocks for a few weeks replacing the rear axle. This morning a noticed a small puddle of water under the washer bottle cover. It's water and not washer fluid (I never filled my washer bottle) and not antifreeze.

Only thing I can think of is the water is condensation since my garage door has been open most days and it heats up and cools off every day. There are two small drain holes in the cover and the water still in there needs a rag touching those holes to keep it draining. So maybe that water was just sitting in there for months from a last time of driving in the rain.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Maybe I will enlarge those two drain holes.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Drill the hole bigger. Water in there drowns the pump. Careful, you don't want to put holes on the bottle!

Sent from phone
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Drill the hole bigger. Water in there drowns the pump. Careful, you don't want to put holes on the bottle!

Sent from phone
    Will do. A lot of water came out. Guessing a cup at least. Maybe the holes were plugged.
    Dave M vin 03572

My VIN:    ex-01678

Bitsync,

I am late to the party but this happened to me too either from rainfall or car washing. I unplugged the holes and drilled them a bit bigger as Dave told you. Problem solved.

Jeff

It's really weird. My car has not been out in the rain for months. It was even up on blocks over a week. Then one day saw the small puddle. I used a rag to dry the holes (they would not dry) and an hour later maybe a cup of water had puddled. I never wash my my car.
    Dave M vin 03572

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    It's really weird. My car has not been out in the rain for months. It was even up on blocks over a week. Then one day saw the small puddle. I used a rag to dry the holes (they would not dry) and an hour later maybe a cup of water had puddled. I never wash my my car.
    Water gets in there AFAIK only from actually driving in the rain. There isn't a gasket between the cover and the body, and water spinning off the tires gets in there. I've seen that leak out from car that haven't been wet in years (and usually have a pump that doesn't work).
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC