FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Abandoned DeLorean???

Junior Member DeloreanTeenager01's Avatar

My VIN:    03583

Abandoned DeLorean???

Does anyone know who owns this DeLorean? I saw it in woodland hills CA and it looks very dusty and is missing parts from what I could see... I didn't have the time to take pictures from the front but I'll try to stop by again for more pictures. If anyone can lead me on who owns it I'll be glad to know its been sitting outside for a couple weeks now. If you'd like to know where it's exactly at just ask because I'll gladly let someone go see it to try and get it back on the road and if not I'll go tell Dan at DMC CA about it when I get my car back.

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

No picture.
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by DeloreanTeenager01 View Post
    its been sitting outside for a couple weeks now
    A couple of weeks does not mean abandoned. It means life can happen. The owner might be on vacation, or tending to a sick relative, or is sick himself, or he might have gotten a DUI and can't drive it for a year, or a million other reasons. Do all of us a favor and mind your own business and stay away from other people's property. Cars or anything else for that matter.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Junior Member DeloreanTeenager01's Avatar

My VIN:    03583

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    A couple of weeks does not mean abandoned. It means life can happen. The owner might be on vacation, or tending to a sick relative, or is sick himself, or he might have gotten a DUI and can't drive it for a year, or a million other reasons. Do all of us a favor and mind your own business and stay away from other people's property. Cars or anything else for that matter.

I'm sorry I was just trying to find out since the car is not in working order at all, the exhaust is missing, wires are hanging down from the bottom, and the wheels are flat and slanted inwards ( Like this / \ ). It is also sitting outside a warehouse with many other cars covered in dust. I only noticed it until June 18th when I was going to a store. I have no clue how long its been there but I have a feeling its been awhile since it was put onto the road. I'm just here to find out if the owner is on this forum trying to bring that baby back on the road. I'm not trying to cause a problem but I do understand where you are coming from.

Wow.

I get what you are saying and I personally would not start a post about someone else's stuff, but a good portion of this entire website has "look what I saw - but it is not mine" posts. Are you going to rag them all out? If so you will be very busy.

My VIN:    5835

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Let the kid be excited about the Delorean he saw ..... Jeesh!
    Lou and "Boo"- The man you love to hate.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo" VIN 5835
    Born October 1981 - Brought back to life December 2011
    "Fastest naturally aspirated PRV" Delorean
    "Blue" - 1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc series 2

My VIN:    5312, (860 sold)

This is a fuckin rude response. He was just askin, and lookin at the car most everybody would do the same.
    So u should mind your own business, and leave someone alone that has a question.

My VIN:    5835

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by ssaleen View Post
    This is a fuckin rude response. He was just askin, and lookin at the car most everybody would do the same.
    So u should mind your own business, and leave someone alone that has a question.
    +1
    Lou and "Boo"- The man you love to hate.
    "Boo" VIN 5835
    Born October 1981 - Brought back to life December 2011
    "Fastest naturally aspirated PRV" Delorean
    "Blue" - 1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc series 2

My VIN:    02075

Club(s):   (DMA)

Playing devil's advocate, would any of you saying Jonathan is over reacting like having people driving up to your GATED property & taking pictures of your stuff?

Just saying....

That said, both the DMC & the car next to it look to be left sitting & collecting dirt. Instead of just taking pics, ask the owner about it IF you are interested in buying it. If not, I'd agree with Jonathan & not return to take pics of someone's private property.

DMC-CA cams & custom Flowmaster muffler
    1/4 mile time - 16.792s @ 81.45MPH

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I think there is a big difference between "abandoned at the side of the road" and "parked outside someones house for a while".

We have all seen the posts on here of cars seemingly abandoned at the side of the road, none of which were really "abandoned" at all, they have just been pushed to the side, or the back of a garage's lot, while the owner decides what to do with it, or thinks it's a gold mine. Even the famous NorCal Forest car isn't abandoned, it just hasn't been driven in 30 years .

I don't know how long it takes for a car to get that dusty in CA, possibly not very long looking at the Nissan beside it, so there could be any number of reasons why it is sitting.

Personally I have no issue with people taking photos of it from beyond the fence. It's only a car. But I wouldn't post the address for every wannabe owner to badger the poor guy about it - as Jonathan says, who know what his personal circumstances might be. And rather than hammer on the door asking if it is for sale, perhaps send a letter (you have the address) outlining your interest.

Mind you, now that it has been posted on here, I fully expect it to be at BHCC by the end of the month
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast