Quote Originally Posted by MountainGoat View Post
I want to replace my water pump and associated pipes because of my mysterious coolant in the valley. I can't afford that right now, so I'm a little stuck.
Water pump from Autozone is $60: http://www.autozone.com/cooling-heat...mp/535584_0_0/
You would need a Volvo style bolt on pulley. Volvo PRV pulley bolts right up, but you need to jetison the upper A/C idler pulley (Volvo pulley has two belt grooves, outermost of which interferes with the upper idler). That is the setup I run. Sam Hill is running a 4 cylinder Volvo pulley with washers to space it out slightly. Aluminum single belt pulleys come and go as owners have them made -- a year or two ago a UK based owner still had some available. Volvo pump also has an extra port on the front that needs to be plugged -- 1/4 NPT pipe plug works perfectly:

WaterPumpFrontPlug.jpg

If any of the allen bolts that hold the pump back on snap I've got replacements.

Hervey is probably the cheapest source of hoses. I've xRef'd the outbound radiator hose (Gates 21215), but Hervey's is the same price as Amazon. Hervey does a complete set of hoses for less than $100.

Coolant distribution pipe is sealed with ordinary hardware store O rings. If it isn't leaking you may want to leave those until later (hold down bolts have a terrible reputation for snapping off). You can change the water pump with the Y pipe still bolted in place.

Bill Robertson