FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Another fire, this time with non-K-Jet swap

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    It doesn't matter. It's a carbureted system, AND it still caught fire which is now physical proof that your argument about how carbureted vehicles are somehow less prone to engine fires is positively false.

Duke had done a conversion with a 4.3L block as well, but it was naturally aspirated. Darryl's car DID have the same chrome trim around the engine compartment, and the exact same supercharger, air cleaner assembly, water pipes, caps, filters, and braided hoses.

Last time I saw it was in Montgomery, TX when the owner was a temporary neighbor of mine. The only thing the new owner did was install some LEDs around the top of the engine bay.

But I gotta tell you, with all of the similarities, I'm pretty certain this is the same exact car.

***photo removed for size - see original post***

Can we get an updated link on the eBay auction? It's not working for me.
    Before it was removed, the listing explicitly mentioned how the mirrors were added to the engine bay. You can even still see them in the photos in the original post. I cant imagine the chances are very high that two DeLoreans out there have the 4.3L supercharged engine and the mirrored engine bay. I think it's safe to say that it is the car in question.

Such a shame; great craftsmanship.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

VIN 02542, Bowling Green VA
    Attached Images
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    VIN 02542, Bowling Green VA
    Yes, that is Darryl's old car. The LED Projectors on the steering column match the ones in the engine compartment I saw, the fog lights look the same, and the VIN Registry shows it's last known location as Montgomery, Texas.

http://www.citizenkidd.com/DMC/pages...asp?start=2542
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Yes, that is Darryl's old car. The LED Projectors on the steering column match the ones in the engine compartment I saw, the fog lights look the same, and the VIN Registry shows it's last known location as Montgomery, Texas.

http://www.citizenkidd.com/DMC/pages...asp?start=2542
    How sad. I remember looking at photos of that car approximately 15 years ago and thinking how sweet it was.

Yes, that is Darryl's old car. The LED Projectors on the steering column match the ones in the engine compartment I saw,
    Is that what they are? I thought they were cameras, for some reason.
    Dermot

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Is that what they are? I thought they were cameras, for some reason.
    No, they were LED Projectors. They were all around the engine compartment as well, and if memory serves they and the wires were held up using silicone caulk to "glue" them into place. He was very proud of them. Nice guy...up until he found out I was using his open Wi-Fi. Then I kept on seeing him talking to the same local cop that eventually tried to intimidate me to take my DeLorean away from me. Between that and the tweaker palace upstairs, I split from that place as soon as possible and got my car out of there when I knew the cop wasn't on duty, and made a beeline for the county line.

Anyhow, yes, they're LEDs. Damn shame about that car. It had a beautiful exhaust! First time I ever came into contact with it, I heard it before I saw it. Very unique note. You knew it wasn't just any regular car before it came twisting down the road as it echoed through the pines.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Nothing witty here lest it offend

It doesn't matter. It's a carbureted system, AND it still caught fire which is now physical proof that your argument about how carbureted vehicles are somehow less prone to engine fires is positively false.
    Flawless reasoning, old chap. You could have been a scientist.
    Capture.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    Flawless reasoning, old chap. You could have been a scientist.
    Capture.JPG
    He almost got it. If Bill had stated that carbureted vehicles were NOT prone to vehicle fires, then DMCVegas would have won the Internet, and we would all be rejoicing in his majesty.

My VIN:    6125

Thanks for posting up the additional pictures... It's a damn shame to see this thing go up in flames. I was expecting the damage to the interior to be much worse...it's hard to say for sure but this one might be able to be restored if somone was looking for an expensive project.

Dermot

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast