FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Another hotwire? (Green Cable - Rear Harness)

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

The entire wring system in the car leaves much room for improvement. if it was to be redone there are many things that would not be done the way they originally did it.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by BABIS View Post
    blue tape and capacitors with scotch locks are factory implementations, I believe early vins don't have them..
    It would be interesting to know if the later cars with fuse #18 (I guess around VIN 6-7000) still have the "scotch lock capacitors" or if they have been integrated in the revised wiring harness..
    +1. I have seen blue tape on the inside, and green tape on the outside, and at least 2 scotch locks attaching a capacitor near the radio harness, and under the steering wheel. I have a June 81 car.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Some of the glue on the tape was breaking down, so if the tape wouldn't stick anymore, I replaced what I found. Here is what I used...

image.jpg
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2