FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Headers Exhaust Houston or DPI

My VIN:    1569

Club(s):   (DOI)

Hi Lenny,
    Similar to you I had a dmch jet-coated exhaust and last winter replaced it with a dpi stainless exhaust as the Houston one had developed a few rust holes at the manifold. The Houston one was much louder but I'm much happier with the dpi volume. Less drone at speed but you lose the nice rumble at low speed.
    Metal looks thicker than the original Houston exhaust, I haven't seen the Houston stainless system.
    Didn't notice any real difference in performance.
    However don't expect quick responses from dpi, I first emailed a month ago with 2 more emails looking to order high value parts and haven't had any reply.

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I've had both the DPI and the DMCH. Put thousands of miles on both and was much more pleased with the DPI vs DMCH from all aspects. Really can't go wrong with any product from DPI as the quality is the best available in the world.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Thanks as always Darren. Sorry Kenny I must have missed it. I'll look for it and respond
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Great Josh

Josh, I just resent the emails in case you have misplaced the last ones.

Lenny, Change of plans on this end and I will be at the show delivering a car tomorrow afternoon. If you would like we can bring you a system to save you on shipping costs. Plus we do a slight discount for the show.

Regards- Josh

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    Lenny, Change of plans on this end and I will be at the show delivering a car tomorrow afternoon. If you would like we can bring you a system to save you on shipping costs. Plus we do a slight discount for the show.

Regards- Josh
    I get there Friday at 13:00. I'll see you then. If I buy them please make sure you have a box I can ship them home in
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    I get there Friday at 13:00. I'll see you then. If I buy them please make sure you have a box I can ship them home in
    I have some other obligations most likely forcing me back to Ohio on Thursday evening. There will be a full system on display with Darren deckers cars. If you would like it we will drop ship free of charge from Ohio. This way it is properly boxed etc. let me know if this works!

My VIN:    Early

Josh's system sounds much more fine, and DMCH's sounds more like ricer IMHO.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

I like the DPI exhaust better than the DMC one. Mainly in construction. I have worked on a few DeLoreans to fix the exhaust gasket leak at the flange's. DMC only uses 2 bolts to hold it in place and the DPI 3 bolts which better seals it and after being on my car almost 4 years now, still sounds great and no leaks. Engine is stock but revs great and a slight bump in power!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2