FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: You built a hot tub... out of a DeLorean?

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I would have thought DMC would be hoarding the tubs for the new production in case there is a hiccup in getting the new tubs ready.

Still, in classic game show style, did DMCCA charge the more, or less, for all those parts than the cost of the winning bid on the Tinnerstet fire damaged D?

I would say higher, higher Bob!!
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I would never have guessed that any any Back to the Future fan would rather have a hot tub, than an actually functional DeLorean... Also when they did the reveal, I feel like he should have been more excited; maybe he was bummed to find out that they hadn't actually given him a time machine converted DeLorean (what I would assume to be the ultimate prop for a "super fan"). I laughed too when he called them on not having the BTTF II license plate.

Could they seriously not put actual tires on the wheels?? Seriously? Foam tubing??
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 07-21-2016 at 10:11 AM.

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Could they seriously not put actual tires on the wheels?? Seriously? Foam tubing??
    Seriously. Of all the places to cheap out on a BTTF car, they picked....tires. Spent a metric ass ton of $$ on a LFF, Driver's torsion bar, underbody, set of rims, etc. but couldn't find 4 used tires.

The guy was genuinely excited when he saw the shape of the car, but when he realized it was a hot tub, his heart sank a bit as any "superfan" of the movies would.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    10201

As an owner of a car with a damaged LFF, I was also rather disappointed by this.

A silly delorean conversion I would like to see is turning one into a pontoon boat.

My VIN:    Early

They wasted the doors, torsion bars, fenders, fascias, etc.; all those parts are now one worthless pile of sh*t.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Well that made me a bit sick.

I can't imagie how sick the fan was when he realized his BTTF converted delorean was actually a hot tub.

ROFLMAO.

This is way worse than the sand car. Not even TIRES ON THE RIMS and they are UPSIDE DOWN. "artistic liberties" ......HAHA

We do need a butchered delorean registry, but sadly this one doesn't even have a VIN# to record so realistically values haven't really changed.

Well then the Delorean outhouse will really upset you. It is still a two seater so you can have company and talk to your friend about the desecration the car receives on a daily basis. It is terrible on hot days.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

The look on his face for a bit was kind of shock...as in 'what did you do to a delorean?'....I woulda expected the guy at DMC to steer them toward a used, damaged car..rather than selling good parts, that running cars might need.

One question I had...is that sitting on their front lawn? or is the garage in the back yard?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    07000

I was kinda surprised the guys at DMC Ca were willing to sell parts for a non-running hack build, but then again they are a business first. Now I know where to get the parts I need to build my flying DeLorean project.

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    I was kinda surprised the guys at DMC Ca were willing to sell parts for a non-running hack build...
    Honestly, who knows if DMCCA didn't just get the parts right back.

Lots of times when you see these remodeling shows for homes or restaurants, the decorations are NOT free. If the owners want to keep them, they have to pay. So it's entirely conceivable that a few days later, the entire thing could have been dismantled and sent back into DMCCA's inventory.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast