FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: You built a hot tub... out of a DeLorean?

My VIN:    5186

Where is the car/hot tub located?

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Why are they selling it? Though in the video, you could almost see the look on the guys face that he was more shocked than pleasantly surprised...lol

From a parts standpoint, what I can see...the only things usable are the doors, struts and torsion bars...everything else was cut, drilled or otherwise destroyed by the build...even the rims have those metal rings welded to them, making them useless
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Why are they selling it? Though in the video, you could almost see the look on the guys face that he was more shocked than pleasantly surprised...lol

From a parts standpoint, what I can see...the only things usable are the doors, struts and torsion bars...everything else was cut, drilled or otherwise destroyed by the build...even the rims have those metal rings welded to them, making them useless
    I think that is just hose wrapped around the rims.
    I would like to think they did not drill into the fenders. I really hope...

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I think that is just hose wrapped around the rims.
    I would like to think they did not drill into the fenders. I really hope...
    Hard to tell, but my guess would be a yes on that. The build video definitely shows them drilling into the rear quarter panels to mount the flux dispersal coils. The rear quarters have so many holes in them, they may not even be worth repairing. At this point the best use for them *might* be to exchange them on a car that does have good body panels, but has been sentenced to become yet another BTTF conversion.

Good Doors in new condition only cost $1,250 from DMCH. Even if they were not butchered up for this build, no way in hell they're worth that much cash after being dragged around DMC-CA's back yard.
    $100 for the Flux Capacitor since it's been sitting out in the dusty weather.
    No word on the front quarter fenders, but I've no hope for them.
    Fascia is warped, drilled, and ruined.
    Rear fascia seems ok. New condition is $1K, which this still is not.
    I'd do $150 for the lenses assuming they're all in good condition.
    No word on the wheels if they're usable, though again I'd assume not.
    The hot tub itself is probably only worth about $500 since those things are a dime a dozen on Craigslist.
    Toss in the torsion bars and the Mr. Fusion, and I'd probably go about $4K for this thing. $3,500 if I have to take the tub and wood with me too.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    07000

I didn't realize how crappy the build was, as they didn't show any of the time machine details. You think they could've put in a bit more effort than bad flux bands and slapping on a Mr. Fusion.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Yeah, when you see it in the sunlight it looks like they didnt put much effort into it at all....would be my guess that one of the reasons they're trying to get rid of it...lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post

You know, seeing that makes me think that DeLorean should even offer a pickup truck.

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    I didn't realize how crappy the build was, as they didn't show any of the time machine details. You think they could've put in a bit more effort than bad flux bands and slapping on a Mr. Fusion.
    I have a feeling that if they were actually willing to put allot of effort into this project in the first place, they wouldn't have just tossed some DeLorean body panels around a cheap hot tub and called it a day.

Maybe they could have got some wood paneling and finished his garage to look like Doc Brown's garage/lab to store all his collectables. Even if a remodel was too expensive and they wanted to instead create a functional prop, there's lots of other items to have created as well. Cool stuff that could have been built for this guy, and that no one else has that would have set him apart. Maybe a giant amp like Marty McFly played at the beginning of the film, with a built-in sound system for parties. They're into furniture building, so what about a Café 80's bar that pops drinks up, with a plutonium refrigerator to hide a beer keg, and a Mr. Fusion unit to tip over to throw bar trash into.

Those are things that I know that I would have been excited about, and probably others too. But not this.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Yep

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5