My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    Wow! Completely forgot to post it!

Download it here:
    Woot! Thanks!
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    Early

I used acrylic plexiglass to make my cluster. The graphics I ordered have built in diffusing properties.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

First thing I'll have to do is to edit the speedo part to match my 85mph speedo..hehe.

I was looking back and couldnt see where/if you said how much your final print costed?

Should be a nice cheap project to do over the winter while i build up more funds to get more parts for the car
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    First thing I'll have to do is to edit the speedo part to match my 85mph speedo..hehe.
    You also have to edit the sweep pattern. Basically you just use the given background and indicators. Everything else would have to be from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    I was looking back and couldnt see where/if you said how much your final print costed?
    It cost about $200 for the print from Black Cat Custom Automotive.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    2823

Very nice!!! I REALLY like the window switches too.
    81 DeLorean w 4.3 Chevy Vortec engine mated to Porsche 915 transaxle

My VIN:    6313

81DMC...

What is the format of the graphic file (just a PNG)? What software did you use to create it? Any special rules?

Thanks
    Jeff
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

It's just a .ai file. It can be opened and managed using Adobe Illustrator, and every object is categorized and named already.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

The special rule is that you must give Rodolfo credit for his time and work
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    6313

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    It's just a .ai file. It can be opened and managed using Adobe Illustrator, and every object is categorized and named already.
    Hi Rodolfo,

I'm 100% on board to follow your lead for my gauge cluster - a huge lead ahead. I was planning to use the stock gauges and just repurpose them with EV related information, but your work on the gauge cluster and graphics provide a much better route for me.

I got to load up the .ai file into Inkscape tonight, but I was unable to figure out what font you had used. Since I can build the underlying gauges (my cluster will just receive CAN message from the main computer) I can mostly use your layout. But, I'll need to re-number some of the ranges (my temps will red-line at 180) and I'll replace the GAS related icons with EV related ones.

Thanks
    Jeff
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

Quote Originally Posted by DrJeff View Post
    Hi Rodolfo,

I'm 100% on board to follow your lead for my gauge cluster - a huge lead ahead. I was planning to use the stock gauges and just repurpose them with EV related information, but your work on the gauge cluster and graphics provide a much better route for me.

I got to load up the .ai file into Inkscape tonight, but I was unable to figure out what font you had used. Since I can build the underlying gauges (my cluster will just receive CAN message from the main computer) I can mostly use your layout. But, I'll need to re-number some of the ranges (my temps will red-line at 180) and I'll replace the GAS related icons with EV related ones.

Thanks
    Jeff
    Glad to hear my design is helping others!

Anyways, I used Rustproof Body for the DMC logo and I used Bebas Neue for everything else save for the km/h lettering.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast