Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
Glad to hear my design is helping others!

Anyways, I used Rustproof Body for the DMC logo and I used Bebas Neue for everything else save for the km/h lettering.
Here is a HUGE shoutout to 81DMC/Rodolfo for making this design possible (providing the .ai file with the vast majority of the graphics, tons of work, and the idea!). This solved a very tricky problem for me (displaying EV data on the stock gauges) into a dash that will be perfect for the TesLorean.

mockup v1b.jpg

I still need to do some testing to position the indicator lights correctly (left and right sides). The warning icons on the right-hand side were worked by my brother-in-law.

Steering : Electric Power Steering start-up and fault signals
Battery : Low reserve remaining
Mechanical : Warning from the Tesla Drive Unit
Battery : Warning from the traction battery (400v)
Brake : Handbrake, brake fluid, and (flashing) warning to engage brake when switching to Park or Neutral

The gauges have been revamped for Electric Vehicle information. The two white blocks below the RANGE and MPH gauges will be 16 character x 2 line LCD display (white text, blue background) to display PRDN, Cruise control info, instant power levels, faults, Range > 80 miles, etc.

I use Inkscape to make the edits (free and processes .ai or SVG files). Still lots of checks and cleanup to do before it'll be ready to print.

I can't thank Rodolfo enough... this has totally made my month!

Thanks
Jeff