FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: DMC Houston Pump Sender Unit

DMC Houston Pump Sender Unit

Dmc Houston Combo Fuel Pump Sender. On the road today strong smell of gas car shut off. Gas puddle under car at passenger feet. Pulled cover plate off in 95 Deg. heat
    to find supply line melted???????? Dmc hose supplied with unit smeared in my fingers turning them black. Could smear the covering off to expose the braided parts. Internally
    the hose had deteriorated where the barbs had held it.

I cut off 2" of line and proceeded to reinstall using the old clamp that I will replace tomorrow.

The DMC line is marked Fuel in green and says BioFuel. The barbed fitting is either steel or brass that feeds into the steel line.

Any thoughts as this scared the S****T out of me smelling the gas at 65 MPH.
    Steve

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Sorry to hear that!

When was the fuel pump combo installed? I recall reading that they had some problems with the rubber hoses early on when it was first introduced.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

The unit is 2 years old. Did not know their was a hose problem. Worried about the return side as it is the same material.

Steve

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

I would contact them. They have always made it right for me. You should ensure the hoses are rated for fuel injection. Gates Barricade I believe.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)