FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Front Panel Doesn't Quite Fit Right

My VIN:    03572

I just looked at the fit of mine. The side cover just sits flush with the front of the AC panel but the above the AC panel there is a gap but you don't really see it because the metal is black like the side cover.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I just looked at the fit of mine. The side cover just sits flush with the front of the AC panel but the above the AC panel there is a gap but you don't really see it because the metal is black like the side cover.
    Thanks David, do you have a gap between the base of the metal box and the mounting rails of the console cover? It almost looks like these are designed to fit together much closer...

GapAtBase.jpg

Any ideas?

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Hi there,

I took this picture for another thread, but in it, you can see the gap in the two components on my car...

image.jpg
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    00778 and Formerly 06770.

I'm wondering if these fitment issues have an effect on the mode switch performance. I recently rebuilt my mode switch and it turns perfectly in my hand, but once installed it is very difficult to turn. It appears a lot of owners have a similar problem. Of the three knobs on the AC panel, the temperature knob and fan speed knob turn easily but also stick out about 1/4-3/8" from the front of the AC panel. The mode switch knob on my car sits almost flush on the face of the AC panel, and it becomes very stiff when turning. I was wishing that the metal shaft that the knob sits on was a bit longer, but maybe there is some sort of adjustment on the radio bracket or AC panel a guy could make to make that mode switch work better....

I've ordered the correct screws, but I don't think that is the culprit.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3