FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Jack Compartment Opening Dimensions

My VIN:    4115

Jack Compartment Opening Dimensions

Hi everyone...

I'm not going to be near my car for a couple of days, but I'm working on a project for which I need a particular piece of information ASAP. Specifically, what is the size (Length by Width, to the 16th of an inch, or to the millimeter) of the opening to the jack stowage compartment? Not the size of the panel that covers the opening, but the size of the opening itself. Thanks in advance for any assistance, and I apologize if this information is available elsewhere; I did some searches, but came up blank.

mds

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Moneypenny View Post
    Hi everyone...

I'm not going to be near my car for a couple of days, but I'm working on a project for which I need a particular piece of information ASAP. Specifically, what is the size (Length by Width, to the 16th of an inch, or to the millimeter) of the opening to the jack stowage compartment? Not the size of the panel that covers the opening, but the size of the opening itself. Thanks in advance for any assistance, and I apologize if this information is available elsewhere; I did some searches, but came up blank.

mds
    The opening on MY CAR is 18-1/8" x 4". with rounded corners. Keep in mind that this is a post-mold cutting, with a cover that overlaps the opening, so it's likely that the tolerance of the cutting could be measured in quarter-inches. Don't make a precision part to these dimensions.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    4115

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    The opening on MY CAR is 18-1/8" x 4". with rounded corners. Keep in mind that this is a post-mold cutting, with a cover that overlaps the opening, so it's likely that the tolerance of the cutting could be measured in quarter-inches. Don't make a precision part to these dimensions.
    Thank you! Even though I'm not making a precision part, I appreciate the warning regarding tolerance accuracy.