FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: The hazards of trash on the road...

My VIN:    07000

The hazards of trash on the road...

I was taking 07000 out on a drive today, and on the way to the beach this morning, it ran well, including in stop and go traffic and then side streets - temp reminded at around 170-180 max - not bad considering one fan is out (I have a big fan and a little one on my oversized radiator, and the big one draws a lot of air).
    On the way home, things were good, and as I was driving I saw something paper-y come into my lane, but didn't think much of it. As got closer to home the car was running a lot warmer and kept climbing a little bit at a time.

And then now I went out to check on the temp outside and check on the D, and there in the rock screen was a big STARBUCKS paper bag someone threw out there window or lost out the window at some point, and I believe, of course, blocking enough air flow - as it was closer to the driver side, and that's where my one functional fan is.

Now it should run cooler again, all things considered.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Any blockage of that rock screen will cause the motor to overheat. Even a license plate.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    2347

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post

There in the rock screen was a big STARBUCKS paper bag someone threw out there window or lost out the window at some point, and I believe, of course, blocking enough air flow
    Another reason I don't like Starbucks! The only other reason is that I don't like coffee...
    Everyone is tough through a keyboard

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I had a paper plaque for a road ralley attached to that screen and the fans ran constantly to keep the temp at bay. Don't cover those rock screens!
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    07000

Amazing. Car ran reasonably cool this afternoon with it being 89 out today (which was cooler than the 106 we had last week). Stayed at a nice 180 (which is kinda cool running for a 350).