FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Taking 4115 on the Crown Rally

My VIN:    4115

Cool Taking 4115 on the Crown Rally

In a few short weeks I will be taking 4115 on the Crown Rally from Minneapolis to Chicago. It's a wild event, lots of exotic and hypercars, but the people are (largely) really great. In addition, all the proceeds are being donated to the Epilepsy Foundation, so this is for a good cause as well. Only sharing this because I thought folks might enjoy seeing the D all done up in her Rally finery, but if anyone felt like donating towards my team's fundraising totals, I wouldn't say no. After much consideration, my co-driver and I selected the name of Team Betamax!

13697151_10154299003679590_6977815018343818243_n.jpgreceived_10101747037520240.jpgreceived_10101747037600080.jpg

My VIN:    Between VINs

Nice, if you take I-90 in WI I'll wave as you go by. Though that'd be somewhat boring and I'd rather hope you'd go pretty much any other way.

Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Nice, if you take I-90 in WI I'll wave as you go by. Though that'd be somewhat boring and I'd rather hope you'd go pretty much any other way.

Have fun.
    Very true. The organizers work very hard to minimize freeway travel, though that's harder to do once you get closer to Chicago.

Really cool opportunity to show off 4115; please tell us more about the decals you had made and how they are applied. I've run a few of these types of events with smooth painted cars so the vinyl film material was easily applied (no adhesive) but have been wondering about the stainless....

Quote Originally Posted by 63SWC View Post
    Really cool opportunity to show off 4115; please tell us more about the decals you had made and how they are applied. I've run a few of these types of events with smooth painted cars so the vinyl film material was easily applied (no adhesive) but have been wondering about the stainless....
    The vinyls are 3M Wrap Film Series 1080. I didn't have anything to do with picking the material; this was arranged by the rally organizers. I too was concerned about how they would adhere to the stainless, but they went on without a hitch. I haven't put a power-washer to them yet, but I'm going to do a wash this weekend and I'll test a corner to see how they hold up before turning the washer to the rest of the car. The application process was simple. The vinyl dude pulled off the backing of each logo, laid them against the car, used a soft rubber "spatula" to press them down, and then peeled off the fronting.