FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Repair shops in the midwest, specifically along I-80?

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    I really want to drive it myself
    I know how you feel in that regard. Good Luck on which ever way it works out best for you!
    I bought my DeLorean from DMCF, and I flew there to pick it up. I wanted to do the 700+ mile drive home and get to know it under many different driving conditions.

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

My VIN:    10907

Update: I'm talking to Suzy at DMC MW about possibly having them pick it up from the seller and do the inspection in advance so there'd be enough time to fix any glaring issues before I'm in the middle of Nebraska. This might end up being the best solution for me.

Quote Originally Posted by refugeefromcalif View Post
    I know how you feel in that regard. Good Luck on which ever way it works out best for you!
    I bought my DeLorean from DMCF, and I flew there to pick it up. I wanted to do the 700+ mile drive home and get to know it under many different driving conditions.

George
    How did it go?

Update: I'm talking to Suzy at DMC MW about possibly having them pick it up from the seller and do the inspection in advance so there'd be enough time to fix any glaring issues before I'm in the middle of Nebraska. This might end up being the best solution for me.

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

How did it go?
    I had a couple minor issues. The speedometer stopped working, (The angle drive Dust cover stripped out), I couldn't use the A/C above fan level 3 or the circuit breaker would shut off the blower motor.
    (To this day I still can't, and I recently installed a new blower fan).
    As far as the cars Running/Driving performance, It was a Great trip.
    DMCF was a Great help on the minor issues I had.

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

Cool! I'll go sign up right now!Thanks, everybody!
    You are now successfully signed up and can download the directory (a .pdf) any time. Best of luck on your trip.

Thomas

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

My VIN:    4665

One thing not mentioned, but critically important will be to ensure the car has a fire extinguisher before you start your road trip.

Having it checked out by DMC MW is a terrific move.

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

Excellent! Can you PM me your number? That stretch of the plains states was what I was most worried about, since I didn't see any clubs listed there.
    PM sent. also sent contact info i found about the Iowa DeLorean Owners Club... not sure if theyre still in existence, but could be worth a shot.
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

Quote Originally Posted by refugeefromcalif View Post
    I had a couple minor issues. The speedometer stopped working, (The angle drive Dust cover stripped out), I couldn't use the A/C above fan level 3 or the circuit breaker would shut off the blower motor.
    (To this day I still can't, and I recently installed a new blower fan).
    As far as the cars Running/Driving performance, It was a Great trip.
    DMCF was a Great help on the minor issues I had.
    Heh... AFAIK my A/C is in good running order but fortunately I've got two decades of experience driving a car with no A/C at all and I haven't melted yet. (At least the D has a louvre on the back window... my CRX is like a rolling greenhouse although tbf the windows go down further...)

Quote Originally Posted by citizen View Post
    You are now successfully signed up and can download the directory (a .pdf) any time. Best of luck on your trip.
    Thanks for your speedy response! I'm checking it out now. It looks like there are a couple in Fort Collins, which isn't too far off my route so maybe they can recommend someplace.

Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    One thing not mentioned, but critically important will be to ensure the car has a fire extinguisher before you start your road trip.

Having it checked out by DMC MW is a terrific move.
    Yeah, I'll add that to my list. I don't want to end up like that poor guy whose car caught on fire!

Quote Originally Posted by dvonk View Post
    PM sent. also sent contact info i found about the Iowa DeLorean Owners Club... not sure if theyre still in existence, but could be worth a shot.
    Thanks! I'll see if he's still around. There were a couple other Iowans in the directory too so maybe they have some recommendations.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Heh... AFAIK my A/C is in good running order but fortunately I've got two decades of experience driving a car with no A/C at all and I haven't melted yet. (At least the D has a louvre on the back window... my CRX is like a rolling greenhouse although tbf the windows go down further...)

Thanks for your speedy response! I'm checking it out now. It looks like there are a couple in Fort Collins, which isn't too far off my route so maybe they can recommend someplace.

Yeah, I'll add that to my list. I don't want to end up like that poor guy whose car caught on fire!

Thanks! I'll see if he's still around. There were a couple other Iowans in the directory too so maybe they have some recommendations.
    The Delorean is like a toaster oven on wheels without a good working A/C. The rear window doesn't open and the toll windows don't let enough air in to make any difference. If you think the CRX was a hotbox try driving a Delorean in the hot sun over 80 degrees. A fire extinguisher is a good idea, just keep it in a place where you can get to it quickly. Don't trust your fuel gauge until you have some confidence that it is accurate. Use the trip odometer as long as the speedo is working. Til you get accurate MPG #'s use 20 MPG as a rough estimate. For the first 100 miles stop often and check the car. Fluid levels, tire pressures, temps, lug nuts, lights, etc. Be aware, that list of owners may be out of date.
    David Teitelbaum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast