FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A cosmetically and mechanically flawless 1981 Delorean. Serious USA buyer with cash.

I have a DMC-12 for sale, #1410

Quote Originally Posted by C.Bennett View Post

My dream car has the following specifications.

— Cosmetically near-flawless. No dings, dents, scratches etc. The exterior and interior should be close to perfection.
    — Mechanically near-flawless. No rust. The car should be completely refurbished and mechanically sound end-to-end.

— 1981 original stock configuration
    — 1981 hood with grooves. - I don't like the hood with the gas flap or completely flat plain hood.
    — Gray interior.
    — Automatic or manual - I’m flexible here.
    Hello Colin, I am a new member to this forum. I saw your post just a minute ago and I also just received a message from the webmaster that I can post an ad for my DeLorean on dmctalk.org. So I'm going to put up my ad with lots of pics tonight or tomorrow. My car matches most of your specs so I'm reaching out to you first. I've owned my car here in Colorado Springs for 16 years. It is 99% original in stock configuration with 19,770 miles and runs very nicely. The interior (and the whole car, generally), is in excellent condition, and the interior color is a dark grey or grayish black. It's been garaged for its whole 35-year life here in dry Colorado, thus there is no rust. It's a manual with the kind of hood that has a gas flap (I haven't seen the other configurations but this one looks fine to me). It is cosmetically (almost) flawless though it does have three tiny dings which I would have to point out to you for you to notice. It's a real eye-turner and the stainless steel looks bright even on an overcast day like today. Earlier today I drove it around the corner from where I live to take pictures and it really hauls, really fun to drive. Let me know if you would like to talk more, I can provide my number.

Thanks,
    Aaron Sorenson.
    DSC_8436.jpgDSC_8409.jpgDSC_8396.jpg

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWesterner View Post
    Hello Colin, I am a new member to this forum. I saw your post just a minute ago and I also just received a message from the webmaster that I can post an ad for my DeLorean on dmctalk.org. So I'm going to put up my ad with lots of pics tonight or tomorrow. My car matches most of your specs so I'm reaching out to you first. I've owned my car here in Colorado Springs for 16 years. It is 99% original in stock configuration with 19,770 miles and runs very nicely. The interior (and the whole car, generally), is in excellent condition, and the interior color is a dark grey or grayish black. It's been garaged for its whole 35-year life here in dry Colorado, thus there is no rust. It's a manual with the kind of hood that has a gas flap (I haven't seen the other configurations but this one looks fine to me). It is cosmetically (almost) flawless though it does have three tiny dings which I would have to point out to you for you to notice. It's a real eye-turner and the stainless steel looks bright even on an overcast day like today. Earlier today I drove it around the corner from where I live to take pictures and it really hauls, really fun to drive. Let me know if you would like to talk more, I can provide my number.

Thanks,
    Aaron Sorenson.
    Thanks so much Aaron. I actually bought a near-perfect car earlier last week and it'll be on its way to me later this week. If there are other people in the market for a near-perfect Delorean then I'm sure they'll very much appreciate your post.

Thanks!

Thanks so much Aaron. I actually bought a near-perfect car earlier last week and it'll be on its way to me later this week. If there are other people in the market for a near-perfect Delorean then I'm sure they'll very much appreciate your post.

Thanks!
    Where'd you find it?

Thanks

Oops, I posted without reading your last post in this thread - you already got one! Enjoy and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by gullwingD View Post
    Where'd you find it?
    That's a v-good question. Well, I'm now the very proud owner of Soundkillr's Delorean. It's one of the most beautiful Deloreans I've ever seen. The care and meticulous attention that has gone into its upkeep over the past 19 years is breath-taking. Like Ben, I'm an obsessive perfectionist. The car will continue be loved and cared-for at the same extreme levels.

I also want to add that Ben has been amazing. Such a great guy. Incredibly accommodating after I spent the past 2 weekends flying out to Atlanta to organize the sale with him.

I'll post some photos when she's finally with me in San Francisco next month.

Last edited by Col Bennett; 08-25-2016 at 05:55 PM.

That's a v-good question. Well, I'm now the very proud owner of Soundkillr's Delorean. It's one of the most beautiful Deloreans I've ever seen. The care and meticulous attention that has gone into its upkeep over the past 19 years is breath-taking. Like Ben, I'm an obsessive perfectionist. The car will continue be loved and cared-for at the same extreme levels.

I also want to add that Ben has been amazing. Such a great guy. Incredibly accommodating after I spent the past 2 weekends flying out to Atlanta to organize the sale with him.

I'll post some photos when she's finally with me in San Francisco next month.

Congrats to you, C. Bennett.

Can Soundkillr confirm that it took 4 years to sell this car? I know that he said he wasn't anxious to sell, but it would be interesting to hear his thoughts about finding a buyer for a relatively higher-priced, higher-quality car.

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Drive Stainless View Post
    Congrats to you, C. Bennett.

Can Soundkillr confirm that it took 4 years to sell this car? I know that he said he wasn't anxious to sell, but it would be interesting to hear his thoughts about finding a buyer for a relatively higher-priced, higher-quality car.
    The car didn't take 4 years to sell. Every time I had it for sale I chickened out. I got STRONG cash offers every time. The car was currently not for sale. C.Bennett contacted me and we worked a deal.
    As a side note: If you notice I've always been an advocate for the Delorean and strong sales numbers. I speak from experience. These dreamers thinking you can pick up a nice car all day long for 25K are just....well....(in most cases) wrong.
    Values are good for well kept clean cars.....
    Soundkillr was here.

My VIN:    0934

I'm delighted to report that I found my near-perfect Delorean....It'll be with me in San Francisco after a detour via DMC California for some minor tweaks. I'll post some pics and officially introduce myself to the Northern California Owners Club once it's here.
    Congrats and please do post up the rest of the introduction as planned when your beauty settles into the Bay Area.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Soundkillr View Post
    The car didn't take 4 years to sell. Every time I had it for sale I chickened out. I got STRONG cash offers every time. The car was currently not for sale. C.Bennett contacted me and we worked a deal.
    As a side note: If you notice I've always been an advocate for the Delorean and strong sales numbers. I speak from experience. These dreamers thinking you can pick up a nice car all day long for 25K are just....well....(in most cases) wrong.
    Ben, Ben, Ben

'shakes head in disappointment

My favorite car now going to the other side of the country.....
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Soundkillr View Post
    Hello Soundkillr,

Congratulations on finding a good buyer for your car - someone whom you know will take excellent care of it. I'm in a similar situation. I've had my car for 16 years and like you I've obsessively kept it immaculate and as close to original as possible. I'm now looking for a buyer. I'm asking $29K and hope to get something close to that amount. Do you have any tips for me on how to find the "right" buyer?

Many thanks,
    Aaron "TheWesterner"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast