FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: A cosmetically and mechanically flawless 1981 Delorean. Serious USA buyer with cash.

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWesterner View Post
    Hello Soundkillr,

Congratulations on finding a good buyer for your car - someone whom you know will take excellent care of it. I'm in a similar situation. I've had my car for 16 years and like you I've obsessively kept it immaculate and as close to original as possible. I'm now looking for a buyer. I'm asking $29K and hope to get something close to that amount. Do you have any tips for me on how to find the "right" buyer?

Many thanks,
    Aaron "TheWesterner"
    All I can suggest is use the forum, and other sites to appeal to buyers. Like I said, my car wasn't for sale, BUT it is extremely important to know your car forward and back, and keep it clean. I'm not talking vacuumed, I mean you could eat off of any part of the frame. That separates you right out of the gate from 90% of the other owners, and makes a rare car more valuable. Also if you insist on putting in an aftermarket radio, or other mods, make sure to keep original parts, and not cut stuff up, so it can all be undone. Of course in some cases this type of ownership isn't practical and if not, that's ok, but keep it clean....maintained and try your best to know all its quirks and how to fix them. Take really good and detailed photos, and be honest about your car. All of it. Dont hide the defects. It's not fair to you, or the future owner. If they don't want it, no biggie, someone else will....
    In my quest for another type of car, I have already passed on multiple cars due to hack job aftermarket stereos, or incorrectly installed (non tuned) procharger systems etc. You get the idea....
    Soundkillr was here.

Sound advice

Thanks, that is all good stuff and basically what I've done anyway. The stereo in my car right now is a 90's cassette deck that doesn't power on anymore. I thought about replacing it with something similar to the original tape deck if I could find one, but since I'm selling the car I think it's a better idea to leave that to the new owner - the stereo is a very personal car accessory. Thing is, the stereo has to turn on for the antenna to deploy, so I can't demonstrate that it works even though I'm sure it does. As far as the engine is concerned, I would not think of putting in a supercharger or afterburner or whatever it is people do - my stock engine hauls as it is.

What kind of car are you looking for now? What could possibly be more interesting than a DMC-12?

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

What kind of car are you looking for now? What could possibly be more interesting than a DMC-12?
    Well I'm in the process of closing on a 1996 viper gts. Perfect showroom car with 3000 original miles. 450 horsepower and 500 ft pounds torque stock. Fyi the stock block can handle over 1000 hp if modified correctly. (not that I would do that to a bone stock collectable) The 96 gts is the first year for the Hardtop and comes in one color, blue with white stripes. The 96 blue and white are rapidly appreciating in value, and low mileage cars are getting very pricey . Exact car as these... 1996-dodge-viper-3.jpg
    Attached Images
    Soundkillr was here.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Soundkillr View Post
    Well I'm in the process of closing on a 1996 viper gts. Perfect showroom car with 3000 original miles. 450 horsepower and 500 ft pounds torque stock. Fyi the stock block can handle over 1000 hp if modified correctly. (not that I would do that to a bone stock collectable) The 96 gts is the first year for the Hardtop and comes in one color, blue with white stripes. The 96 blue and white are rapidly appreciating in value, and low mileage cars are getting very pricey . Exact car as these... 1996-dodge-viper-3.jpg
    Sweet!!! I really like the blue and white as well. I like the tag on the that car pictured.... Got tork.

This reminded me of the time I attended an "SRT Power Party" a few years ago. It was an invitational marketing event. Chrysler brought out their SRT hardware and invited some customers to get an in depth review, drive some lesser v8 models, and get a thrill ride in 2 SRT models driven by a professional driver on a closed airport tarmac. I chose the Magnum SRT8 and the Viper SRT10. The Magnum was awesome, but the Viper was a wicked street legal race car. I had to hold on with both hands and brace my feet. Tire smoke was everywhere, and I was almost scared.

Man that was fun!!!

Congratulations on getting this gem!!
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    5302

Quote Originally Posted by Soundkillr View Post
    Awesome! Wow, that was fast. Congrats!

For those who know Doug DeMuro, the timing and car selection of this is just....... UNBELIEVABLE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BovcC2jQPlQ
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Hello Soundkillr,

Congratulations on finding a good buyer for your car - someone whom you know will take excellent care of it. I'm in a similar situation. I've had my car for 16 years and like you I've obsessively kept it immaculate and as close to original as possible. I'm now looking for a buyer. I'm asking $29K and hope to get something close to that amount. Do you have any tips for me on how to find the "right" buyer?

Many thanks,
    Aaron "TheWesterner"
    Posting here certainly helps. Someone like me looking a to purchase a car will certainly check all the standard online outlets and franchises.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4