FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 19 of 72 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast

Thread: 3.0L engine swap

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Sounds like the kickdown switch is shorted (stuck microswitch?) or the throttle position cable is too tight. Easy driving should shift more like 2000. Is that switch even hooked up on the new installation?
    The kickdown switch never left:

kickdownswitchlocation.jpg

Likely the throttle position cable is too tight. I did a bad job of adjusting it a few years ago, but didn't feel like messing with it again once the car started having other problems that kept it off the road.

I'm just happy the thing shifts and doesn't leak. Until yesterday, the car hadn't moved under its own power for more than two years.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Brakes have been flushed, but owing to exhaust slippage, further test driving is delayed until the last two clamps come in.

The air conditioning makes a strange noise when shut off. Bill says it sounds like someone's stomach grumbling. I can't say I ever noticed that sound before. However, the air conditioning does work just fine. Time will tell if it is leak-free, but considering that I have replaced the evaporator, compressor, all three hoses, accumulator (twice), and orifice tube, and installed new o-rings, all within the last three years, it should be good to go with the 3.0L-compatible compressor and a fresh charge of refrigerant and lubricant (both of which it has).
    Last edited by Farrar; 06-25-2017 at 03:42 PM.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Accumulator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -----Dan B.

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    Accumulator?
    Are you asking if I've replaced it? Yes, I have - twice. Forgot to put that in the previous post. Oops.

Are you asking if it is making the noises? I don't know.

Edit: There. Fixed it.
    Last edited by Farrar; 06-25-2017 at 03:42 PM. Reason: edited to mention the previous edit

Was asking about replacement. I can say mine makes a gurgling noise which slowly fades once off. But hey, as long as it works!

-----Dan B.

Oh, I also replaced the low pressure switch, and installed a high pressure switch (running wires to it, of course) and relief valve by the compressor, since as an "early VIN car" #2613 didn't have those things.

Wow, I'm forgetful when I've only had two cups of coffee. :P

My VIN:    No. 4068

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    Was asking about replacement. I can say mine makes a gurgling noise which slowly fades once off. But hey, as long as it works!

That gurgling noise is a symptom of losing fuel pressure and the accumulator is releasing the fluid back into the system via the spring/ diaphragm in the accumulator. Chances are there'll be an issue with the O rings in the primary pressure regulator built into the fuel distributor or a back leaking non return (check) valve in the fuel line or a bad fuel injector.
    RIP Rob van de Veer Top bloke

I say Sir, I must be mad, one loves fixing K-Jet !

Make sure there's plenty in the tank for the weekend chaps....

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Quote Originally Posted by NckT View Post
    That gurgling noise is a symptom of losing fuel pressure and the accumulator is releasing the fluid back into the system via the spring/ diaphragm in the accumulator. Chances are there'll be an issue with the O rings in the primary pressure regulator built into the fuel distributor or a back leaking non return (check) valve in the fuel line or a bad fuel injector.
    The car is not K-Jet.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

I should clarify that this is my A/C accumulator making this noise only when I shut off the A/C. Also as Mike stated, my car is not K-Jet.

Last edited by dn010; 06-26-2017 at 03:55 PM.
    -----Dan B.

Dan's car is EFI and mine is carbureted, but that's an interesting thing to know. Thanks.

Page 19 of 72 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast