My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Good Idea -- New Thread HERE
    Thank you, Ron!
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Update on the fuel sender? Was it a bad connection/ground or did it end up being the sender?
    -----Dan B.

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    Update on the fuel sender? Was it a bad connection/ground or did it end up being the sender?
    The replacement sending unit fixed the problem.

The temperature gauge is still completely wacko. It starts at the bottom as normal, but as the engine warms up you can watch the needle move faster and faster until it's almost at the top of the scale even before the thermal trip turns the fans on. I won't be driving the car home any time soon.

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

What's the status of the auto trans computer governor issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Iznodmad View Post
    What's the status of the auto trans computer governor issue?
    The controller has been temporarily bypassed and the solenoids can be controlled manually from inside the vehicle. Not a permanent solution, but good enough to get the car home where I can repair the controller.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    The temperature gauge is still completely wacko. It starts at the bottom as normal, but as the engine warms up you can watch the needle move faster and faster until it's almost at the top of the scale even before the thermal trip turns the fans on. I won't be driving the car home any time soon.
    You will need to use the DeLorean gauge sender if you want the gauge to read correctly.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    You will need to use the DeLorean gauge sender if you want the gauge to read correctly.
    I'm using one.

Sending unit threads are the same between the 2.8L and the 3.0L. When the new engine was installed, the previous engine donated its sending units.

However, just to make absolutely sure that we had a functioning temperature sender installed, Bill installed a sender from a different 2.8L and checked that the gauge misbehaved in the exact same way. Then he used your table (from your Electronic Otterstat thread) to measure resistance at varied temperatures.

The sending unit checks out. The gauge is the problem. Right now it is worse than useless: during testing, the needle moved all the way to the right side and is now stuck pointing at the letter F. My theory is the resistor on the back of the gauge has failed. But there's no way to test this theory without removing the gauge cluster. That will be work for when the car is at home in my garage.

#2613 has no Thermo-Time Switch, but there's a threaded hole where one would go. An aftermarket sending unit will be installed into that hole and connected to a temporary gauge fitted inside the car where I can see it, just for peace of mind on the drive home. Once the car is in my garage, I can tackle the transmission computer and the temperature gauge.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Farrar,

did your gauge needle happen to move Backwards to the Right or just keep moving clockwise?
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Farrar,

did your gauge needle happen to move Backwards to the Right or just keep moving clockwise?
    It was pointing straight up when the engine was shut off. My guess is that it simply fell down to the right instead of to the left when shut off.

Page 24 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast