FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Woodward Dream Cruise 2016 - Saturday, August 20, 2016

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Since it's almost a 300 mile drive from the Chicago area, I do not think there will be many (or any) last minute attendees
    going from this area to WDC 2016, since our club will drive either Thursday or Friday, so they can be 'awake' on Saturday
    to be able to sit in traffic (on purpose) on Woodward. A few of us have done the trip starting at 1am on Saturday morning
    and arrive on Woodward just in time for breakfast, but that makes for a really long day (not recommended).

Some of the local owners have mentioned they would like to find a new parking area that has more shaded areas, either
    for the cars or at least for the owners to sit in the shade, to watch the cruisers go by. Not sure about "shaded" availability,
    but the MB location offers a decent shaded area for owners to sit, up until about mid-afternoon, then direct sun until sunset.
    We have had sun and hot weather more often than not, on the third Saturday of August, for the past decade or so.
    I feel your pain I am the same way going to DMCMW. So I hear ya!

Just got off of the phone with Bloomfield, they are packed, only two open spaces at this time. the term "like a hoe on dollar day giving out .50 cent coupons comes to mind".

I did let the gentleman know that we would be interested for 2017 and send me anything I need to fill out. Gave him my email address.

I will recon some other areas of Woodward that meet what you have above. I do have M-brew that may be interested. I will grab the D and go there tomorrow and meet them. I will post pictures as well on Friday for your viewing. I have to ask if that street is blocked off during the Cruise. It is shaded.

They are an upscale pub about 50 feet off of Woodward on Vester Street in Ferndale.

http://mbrewonline.com/

The areas reconned will be on my page located in my signature in classic FB panoramic view so you can see how it is in a 180 view. I will also mirror this on Ohio's FB page, our page on here and Detroit Motor City's FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph You do not have to "Like" my page to view the pictures.

Generally Ferndale sites are no or low cost (about $20) you are about the same distance as MB. I will also see how that ballfield has changed off of 13 mile and Woodward and shoot pictures for you guys/gals as well.

--Doug
    Last edited by aotmfilms; 08-10-2016 at 02:24 PM. Reason: additional info
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

UPDATE: Well we have some help. DeLorean Motor City DeLorean Club of Ohio DeLorean Midwest Connection Julie Strong. Even though. Trying to get visibility.

Downtown Ferndale see the D Rex and DeLorean limo in the comments. Our potential 15 DeLorean's during the The Official Page of the Woodward Dream Cruise generates about 20,000 visitors with about $100,000 or more in increased income for ONE DAY of show with our DeLoreans. Avg per person $5 bucks spent at a host business products. Text me at XXXX to arrange a meeting. Thank you!
    I have never had to pay for a space on Woodward. Our cars are unique. A business would kill to get 100 to 200k in extra business ($5 to $10 dollars per person) if they are not in Prime Woodward territory (Ferndale).

Its like you don't ask your girlfriend if you want to do something, you tell her, if you tell her right you don't look like an A$$. You look confident.

13876251_500376220162231_8370010674835441121_n.jpg
    Last edited by aotmfilms; 08-11-2016 at 11:47 AM.

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

All,

For some reason I can't do the individual links from my work computer....

So go to my FB page in my signature and the prime location is pinned to the top of my page. You do not have to "like" my page to view nor have a FB account. You may have to do a captcha to prove that you are not a bot though.

I have to meet with the Ferndale Downtown Authority later today and see if we can do this. M Brew has a "Vester Camping" Craze going on with Vintage trailers.

Other spots I have selected are down my page. I will keep you updated on developments.

V/r,
    Doug

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post
    <snip> TIMEZUP (Mike) Lives in Roseville, 1.21GW (Joe) in Warren and me in Macomb DOCBRWN and then Byron in Bloomfield. All who I know of. Trying to see if Mike's going to go to MB.

--Doug
    Joe emailed me yesterday, asking about the MB location and space availability for DeLoreans and non-DeLoreans.
    I guess I'm not the only DeLorean owner who goes to Woodward that does not "do" FaceBook. (lol)

Joe usually has a friend display a Porsche next to our DeLoreans (in the second row) if we have an extra space.

I told Joe to try to contact Doug (Doug, not sure Joe has your email or phone, but you mentioned you know him).
    Sounds like Joe got his DeLorean up and running again, after its been down for a while, for upgrades and repairs.

Not sure if or when I may make the trip to Woodward, since I am still waiting on a few trailer wheels and tires to
    be returned (borrowed for a return trip after DCS 2016), so I may need to swap my vehicles to different trailers.

I have two transport vehicles down (one needs a new fuel pump ... need to drop the tank to do that one) and the
    other had the throw-out bearing go out on the way back from DCS 2016 (probably do a whole clutch job on it), so
    my transport options will be limited. Rain is also in the forecast on Thursday, Friday and Saturday here and I hate
    having to load open trailers in the rain and then doing transports in the rain. We will see how things go this week.
    Last edited by Rich W; 08-15-2016 at 02:28 PM. Reason: added non-DeLorean text

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Joe emailed me yesterday, asking about the MB location and space availability for DeLoreans and non-DeLoreans.
    I guess I'm not the only DeLorean owner who goes to Woodward that does not "do" FaceBook. (lol)

Joe usually has a friend display a Porsche next to our DeLoreans (in the second row) if we have an extra space.

I told Joe to try to contact Doug (Doug, not sure Joe has your email or phone, but you mentioned you know him).
    Sounds like Joe got his DeLorean up and running again, after its been down for a while, for upgrades and repairs.

Not sure if or when I may make the trip to Woodward, since I am still waiting on a few trailer wheels and tires to
    be returned (borrowed for a return trip after DCS 2016), so I may need to swap my vehicles to different trailers.

I have two transport vehicles down (one needs a new fuel pump ... need to drop the tank to do that one) and the
    other had the throw-out bearing go out on the way back from DCS 2016 (probably do a whole clutch job on it), so
    my transport options will be limited. Rain is also in the forecast on Thursday, Friday and Saturday here and I hate
    having to load open trailers in the rain and then doing transports in the rain. We will see how things go this week.
    Rich I understand completely. I used to be logistics for the Army (Supply Sergeant). Yes, loading stuff or vehicles in the rain or snow, or even the heat for deployment was a PITA.

What I have.....its not much but better than nothing. I will text Joe with this info as well. The week is slipping away from me I guess. It's already Tuesday.

Como's is on for Saturday. They open at 7am. 9 am is breakfast buffet $8.99 parking over at Ferndale Public Library. Will be there untill 11am. Let me know if you are coming fellow owners and guests. If you are, PM me and I will give you my number. For out of area DeLoreans let me know your convoy time to Detroit, and where/if you need help in finding a place. See you Friday night or at the very least Saturday morning at Como's in Ferndale.
    For my VIP guests (2). I will be paying for your parking and food plus giving you a ride in ‪#‎docbrwn‬ up Woodward on Saturday August 20th. Let me know if you want me to pick you up. Your guest will have to follow behind.
    Pinned at the top of the FB page. You do not need an account to view. Let me know when you are/if loading on Thursday and I will PM you my phone number.

I look forward to meeting you and your Club.

https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Last edited by aotmfilms; 08-16-2016 at 10:35 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3