FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Interior parking handle carpet piece, mode switch

My VIN:    00778 and Formerly 06770.

Interior parking handle carpet piece, mode switch

After an interior refurb, I'm missing the black plastic piece that fits over the parking brake grab handle...aka the finishing piece on the left side of the driver's seat. I need the black plastic dome that slides over the handle. If yours has carpet on it that's great, but I think that little piece of carpeting is included in the carpet kit? Maybe not...someone chime in here. Anyways....I have neither.

Also looking for a mode switch. I have a switch that never worked properly. I could only turn the knob to 4 of 6 settings. Finally ordered a new diaphragm and took it all apart to see why. Turns out one of the metal bands that is secured to the white plastic piece was all loose and bent and binding when the knob was turned. I secured it with a zip tie since that was my only option. I think it will work fine since the tie is out of the way, but I wonder about heat, etc. and an eventual failure. I realize these are NLA from Houston, looking for a used one I can use for parts. With the new rubber, cleaning and re-securing of the bent band, this thing has never worked better. But....still would like to have a backup.

Thanks.
    Attached Images

My VIN:    00778 and Formerly 06770.

Bump

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

I have a mode switch. it works but the terminals have shifted from their original positions. Needs a new rubber insert.
    let me know if you are interested.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.