FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Angle Drive Question

My VIN:    4115

Angle Drive Question

Speedo stopped working, etc, etc...

In the diagnosis process, I disconnected the lower speedo cable from the angle drive. I was poking around some more, looking at it from different angles, and the angle drive just came off in my hand. Neither the outer nut nor the inner nut were touched or loosened.

So my question, when I replace my angle drive, can it just slot into that inner nut the way the old one was, or is there something else in there that's broken which caused the angle drive to basically fall out in the first place?

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Moneypenny View Post
    Speedo stopped working, etc, etc...

In the diagnosis process, I disconnected the lower speedo cable from the angle drive. I was poking around some more, looking at it from different angles, and the angle drive just came off in my hand. Neither the outer nut nor the inner nut were touched or loosened.

So my question, when I replace my angle drive, can it just slot into that inner nut the way the old one was, or is there something else in there that's broken which caused the angle drive to basically fall out in the first place?
    Makes me wonder if it is even broken or if it just backed out. It is held in place with a tiny ring clip over the collar end of the main body on the inside of nut. if that clip is nonexistent you may have a perfectly fine angle drive that just needs to be properly installed.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

+1

push it back in with an O-ring that can hold it in place.
    done.