FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on DeLorean I found

My VIN:    1710

If it were me, I'd hold out. BHCC had a pretty decent one last week that had 72k miles on it with a host of records, updates, new DMC-Texas seatcovers, etc and they were only asking like $24k for it. BHCC really turns and burns DeLoreans, so if this isn't the exact car you want, just wait and they'll have an entirely different batch of them in a few weeks time. The quality of the DeLoreans they are selling these days has greatly improved (though they still tend to be rough), but their asking prices are staying reasonable. With these cars being 35 years old now, you can't really guarantee any of them will be reliable anyway no matter where you buy them. So unless you have the big bucks to buy a vendor refurbished car, buying from BHCC at this sort of a price point isn't really such a bad option. Just know it's going to take some time, frustration, and lots of money to get any of their cars up to operational (much less cosmetic) standards. Keep your daily driver!
    Last edited by louielouie2000; 08-08-2016 at 12:56 PM.
    Louie Golden

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    If it were me, I'd hold out. BHCC had a pretty decent one last week that had 72k miles on it with a host of records, updates, new DMC-Texas seatcovers, etc and they were only asking like $24k for it. BHCC really turns and burns DeLoreans, so if this isn't the exact car you want, just wait and they'll have an entirely different batch of them in a few weeks time. The quality of the DeLoreans they are selling these days has greatly improved (though they still tend to be rough), but their asking prices are staying reasonable. With these cars being 35 years old now, you can't really guarantee any of them will be reliable anyway no matter where you buy them. So unless you have the big bucks to buy a vendor refurbished car, buying from BHCC at this sort of a price point isn't really such a bad option. Just know it's going to take some time, frustration, and lots of money to get any of their cars up to operational (much less cosmetic) standards. Keep your daily driver!
    Thank you for the good advice, I think that I'm going to wait a little longer for future listings to "pull the plug" on. Thank you again.

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

Do yourself a favor and buy this book:

http://deloreanguide.com

You'll thank me later.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    Midproduction

Did anyone notice the disconnected fuel lines?

My VIN:    Early

The t panel and driver side door both look a little wierd to me. It looked like both are twisted...
    Last edited by 81dmc; 08-08-2016 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Adding. Deleting. The usual.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    Early

Quote Originally Posted by dmcnc View Post
    Good eye.

They're selling a "mechanically sound" car with disconnected fuel lines?
    Last edited by 81dmc; 08-08-2016 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Fixed the autocorrections
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    Custodian of 5307

prices are dipping have your cash ready!
    1988 3.2 Ferrari Mondial

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    Good eye.

They're selling a "mechanically sound" car with disconnected fuel lines?
    Ahh, yes, mechanically sound. Like it sounds good. Nice and quiet with no noticeable rattling or backfiring. No A to B either!!!

The disconnected fuel lines are the used car version of Monty Python's Holy Grail's "ahh, c'mon, it's just a flesh wound!"

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by dmcnc View Post
    Nice catch. I saw the fuel lines and noticed they looked original but missed the disconnect(s). This is a big red flag unless the pictures were taken before the car was repaired to a mechanically sound state. But that doesn't make much sense in the car buying and selling business.
    Jeff

My VIN:    4519

If that car runs & drives, it's priced lower than the average of 2015/2016.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast