FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: North Carolina Tech Event (Fall 2016)-Saturday October 8th- in Lexington NC

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

North Carolina Tech Event (Fall 2016)-Saturday October 8th- in Lexington NC

Time for my bi-annual DeLorean gathering and extravaganza! The tech part has been slow recently, but maybe that is because the quality of cars coming is better? Same place and same idea as usual. Probably get started Friday night with a dinner at a local restaurant for anyone coming out of town. Begin Saturday morning (10/08/16) at my place and go until the last car leaves that day. I had a couple of forum members come up to me at DCS and express interest in coming for the first time. I encourage those and others to please come, we will have lots of fun! So, if you are interested, add your name, any guests coming with you, if you are driving or bringing a DeLorean, and what you may want to work on while at the event. I'll provide lunch as usual, can arrange lift time at a local tire shop, same tire shop can provide tires, balancing, or alignment if you need that done to your car. I've got plenty of room for trailers if you need or want to trailer your car rather than drive it.

My VIN:    1561

I should be there as usual, with my car of course. Looking forward to seeing all the advancements you've made to the fleet! I noticed the other week my blower motor stopped working, maybe I'll fix that while there?
    Todd, VIN 1561

http://1561project.com

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Bump! One month to go. Most of my confirmations have been off the list. I have roughly 8 DeLoreans confirmed at this time.

Hey Darren, who's on the roster this go around? The Usual Suspects?
    Todd, VIN 1561

Yes, usual suspects. Tom, Bill, Walter, Trevor, John, Mark. Made contact with a brand new/old owner last night and he will be bringing his new purchase. His name is AJ and he had one back in the late 90s but he was rear ended in it and it was totaled. He got the itch again all these years later and just bought another one yesterday.

Just a reminder that this event is coming up fast, next weekend fast. We will be doing the usual Friday night dinner at Yarboroughs for anyone that wants to join in on some great food the night before the event on Saturday. My non intercooled DPI EFI twin turbo car should be there for anyone that would like to see/hear/ride in what has to be the absolute fastest automatic transmission DeLorean in the world. This is the same car that was at DCS if anyone saw it there or saw pics of it on the Internet. Looking forward to catching up with everyone and meeting a new owner in our area!

My VIN:    10091

Club(s):   (DCH)

Hey Darren, As it turns out, I will not be attending this weekend. We have an annual car show here in Charleston this weekend, the Doo Wop. A friend of mine has been sick and needs help getting his old Corvette to the show. He's hoping he can sell it and I have promised to help him show the car and hopefully get it sold. Sorry I can't be there this time, but hope to see everyone soon. Take care, Yianni

Hey Darren, I know "meteorologically speaking" Saturday is still a ways away but have you given thought to a rain delay? Forecast is calling for 90% rain this Saturday, so far Sunday looks OK, not sure what effect Hurricane Matthew will have on this weekend. Mentioning now since I know there are at least a couple attendees who travel in early and spend the night. Might help out Yianni, too.
    Todd, VIN 1561

Sorry you can't make it Yianni, but I understand you are helping out your friend. Make sure your place at Emerald Isle is secure!!!

Todd, yeah I'm watching the hurricane forecast closely. Doesn't look too good for us right now. There would be a possibility of moving it out a week to the 15th to have better weather anyway. I'm also dealing with (what I hope is) a minor medical issue and I hope I have the energy to hold the tech session. It brings me great joy to do these events, and I need a little more joy in my life right now. Anyway, watch this space for updates as we monitor the storm progression.

I'm officially pushing the meet back one week to the next Saturday due to crappy weather. Thanks hurricane Matthew!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast