Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where to mount "Emblem clips" SP10557

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan King View Post
    Oh wow! I have NEVER seen those before.

I want some now....
    NO you really don't.

They are a one way retainer. The forward pins go IN fine, if in proper alignment, but can be troublesome get back out IF you need the Cover removed again. Half the time the clips will fall out during the install process, mine did repeatedly on one side. They were really meant for a one and done installation. A Ball stud snap in fastener configuration would have been a better choice here (think battery cover or Grill attachment ). The console cover will stay in place just fine without them because the A/C panel sits over the front lip of the cover plate. If your going for factory purity like Dana, then put'em in, no harm in that. Besides when Dana gets done, the car will be so perfect nothing will ever go wrong in the future. Trailer QUEEN
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

^ Thanks Dennis! I guess I'm somewhat of a perfectionist. The car is babied, but I intend to enjoy it when it's done.

I see that my clips do not have the brads that bite into the post like the EU part. That makes it grab the post, but easy to take off the shifter panel. Maybe there were production changes?
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    11789

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    ^ Thanks Dennis! I guess I'm somewhat of a perfectionist. The car is babied, but I intend to enjoy it when it's done.

I see that my clips do not have the brads that bite into the post like the EU part. That makes it grab the post, but easy to take off the shifter panel. Maybe there were production changes?
    I purchased the clip SP10557, as they are advertised as also being used as tread plate clips.
    When I received the new clips they don't have the barb as shown in one of the earlier pictures in this thread. Without the barb they will not fit or should I say, "grip" the tread plate plastic lug
    Here's a picture showing the old and new clips - the old clips have the tang formed by a hole punched (not drilled) into the clip.
    IMG_20200328_145414.jpg
    I've had to send the clips back for a refund as they won't "do" what the they should.

I've done quite a bit of work on my treadplates and plastic sills .... they are now solid as a rock and 100% better than the factory install.
    I used 3 of these instead on the treadplate and bonded them using Wurth Bond after scouring the plastic to aid bonding.

IMG_20200320_112945.jpgIMG_20200320_111427.jpg

Those damn clips (sp10557) ... and I can confirm .... you don't need them on the console - so imo these clips are worthless so don't waste your money

On the first photo, you can see the "witness marks" on the treadplate platic legs - if you use the sp10557, they plastic legs will not grip and will just float about in SP10557 like a "prick in a shirt sleeve" .
    Last edited by SpudMurphy; 04-01-2020 at 03:03 PM.
    Currently resurrecting Vin # 11789 - One of the batch of 50 exported to the Middle East in 1982.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2