FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: This guy claims his car was used in BTTF

This guy claims his car was used in BTTF

I'm in a group of prop replica fans on FB..... someone got a picture inside the A car recently which was cool. Anyways, in the comments a guy mentioned his buddy owned one of the cars used in the movie. My ears perked up as I am aware of only 3 that exist. He said it was used for the interior shots for the movie. Here is also an article where he claims it's the real deal. So..... what's the story behind this??

http://thenewsherald.com/articles/20...e940417046.txt

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by EngineerGuY View Post
    I'm in a group of prop replica fans on FB..... someone got a picture inside the A car recently which was cool. Anyways, in the comments a guy mentioned his buddy owned one of the cars used in the movie. My ears perked up as I am aware of only 3 that exist. He said it was used for the interior shots for the movie. Here is also an article where he claims it's the real deal. So..... what's the story behind this??

http://thenewsherald.com/articles/20...e940417046.txt
    Um, no. The only screen used car in private possession (Mr. Shea's) and that is the Part 3 car.

No Redford Theater on Future Day did not have a "Screen Used" Back to the Future Car. I was out at the Star on John R in Troy. Redford Theater is in Redford, not to far away from me.

Scroll down on my page in my signature for pictures.

--Doug
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

I'm aware there are only 3 left that were screen used. He has since came into the conversation on facebook and pretty much called me a troll. Like I'm just some guy who knows nothing about deloreans or how many movie cars there were. I politely gave him this link

http://backtothefuture.com/delorean/location

To which he replied " I paid well into six figures for this car and it is well documented, yes, the cars were dismantled and a lot of the parts were discarded, my car came from a prop master at universal, the parts are all marked and have been authenticated twice."

It appears he might have some original parts used in the move and put in his own delorean. He seems like a nice enough guy, some kind of DJ or musician and said he is private which is why not many people know his name in the BTTF community. I certainly wasn't looking to troll the guy, just wanted to get some clarification. Being a huge BTTF fan, and knowing only 3 cars exist.... and someone claims theirs was used in the movie, I needed to hear his side of it. Certainly not resolved, I only have more questions now but I'm not going to bother the guy. But promoting a car as screen used certainly isn't the right way to go about things if it wasn't, basically my only point. He does have a nice DMC.
    Last edited by EngineerGuY; 08-11-2016 at 01:07 PM.

My VIN:    6125

I'm interested to hear a better explanation of what this guy is claiming...the article didn't have much info at all other than:

Everyone assumes he’s a huge fan because he drives around in a DeLorean. But not just any model of the classic car, his was screen used for interior shots on the film trilogy.

PHOTOS: DJ Ego 7

“I was looking for a DeLorean, it’s just coincidence that this was used in the movies,” he said.
    The DeLorean is definitely not screen used but it sounds like he may have some parts that might be?
    Could someone post a link to that facebook discussion that was mentioned?

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

13879393_499215693611617_7976891254445499837_n.jpg
    My roaming area this past weekend. Gratiot Cruise. I was all over the map. Redford is southwest of this picture.

Color me interested as well. Was it on "Back to the Future Forever" page on FB?

Also, Redford Theater (West side of Detroit) is in Michigan and if there is a DeLorean around here I generally know about it (I am on the North side of Detroit), especially one that is owned by a DJ and has a BTTF conversion.13901430_499123460287507_1170495289987674148_n.jpg

Only one I know of here is Mike's (TIMEZUP) Mine is to the left (DOCBRWN)

--Doug
    Last edited by aotmfilms; 08-11-2016 at 03:30 PM.
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

Here is the link to the group..... "Vintage Toys and Action Figures"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/vint...70930263455633

action fig.jpg

My VIN:    07000

This guy claims his car was used in BTTF

Not to mention his handle is Ego7, and he's proud of it. I had a co-worker whose brother was working at a car storage in Beverly Hills and swore the converted Time machine replica they had was the original from the first movie. If I was a total jerk and liar, I could easily say "yes" every time I'm asked if mine was the one from "the movie", and it's not even a time machine. I think it being lowered with a spoiler makes people think it is.
    But I'm neither a liar or jerk (well, try not to be a jerk)..

Here is the full convo from the guy stating his buddy owns one of the movie car, to the guy actually joining the convo.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Attached Images
    Last edited by EngineerGuY; 08-11-2016 at 03:44 PM.

sounds like a real nice guy...

My VIN:    6125

Found a few photos of the props in his "screen used car".

I really like to give people the benefit of the doubt but this guy clearly has no idea what he's talking about. It makes me wonder if people just wake up one day and decide to start lying about their car (or parts in their car), or if they have some legitimate reason to believe their car/parts are screen used. The guy is obviously misinformed about the history of his car, but why?

If I'm remembering correctly, a while back Universal auctioned off a stock DeLorean... it was not associated with the movies in any way, but it was a Universal owned car. I can't seem to find any old threads on it. I wonder if this guy bought it thinking it was a screen used car?

Or he knows it's not screen used but it has some paperwork with "Universal Studios" on it so he exaggerates the real story.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast