FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: This guy claims his car was used in BTTF

My VIN:    4665

Steve Concotelli at his screening of the film spoke about other DMC-12's that were used in the films, but because he needed to scope his movie to fit time and budget he purposely limited his movie discussion to only the A, B, and C cars.

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by OverlandMan View Post
    FWIW - according to the recently released documentary Outatime where the team restores the original "A" car, there were only 3 cars used for the film. The "A" car was used for the glamour shots. The "B" car was used for stunts and action shots. The "C" car was a cut-up car for interior shots only.

The "C" car was disposed of after the end of the series. The "B" car was destroyed by the train scene at the end of the 3rd film. The "A" car is the only surviving car left, which has now gone from Universal on loan to the Peterson museum (sitting next to a Magnum PI 308 GTSi).

So unless I'm missing something here, there are no other official BTTF original cars. BTW, a VIN pic of the "A" car from the documentary shows 5216, if memory serves me correctly, which would fit because it was a grooved hood, no gas flap.
    Original Part 1 cars, yes, but the Sheas own the Part 3 car.
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

FWIW We know the legacy of the A (hero), B (stunt), and C (cutaway) cars from the first film. We also know Bill Shea owns the car from BTTF 3. Is this a car D? B was destroyed and C was hardly a car... Does any one have any information on if there were any others used in BTTF 2 or 3? If Shea's Ep 3 car is not A or B then it's possible they had another interiors car...

Personally I think the guys is either full of it or someone lied to him and he's trying to save embarrassment. I think it's probably the first thing.

Cheers
    Steven
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

FWIW - according to the recently released documentary Outatime where the team restores the original "A" car, there were only 3 cars used for the film. The "A" car was used for the glamour shots. The "B" car was used for stunts and action shots. The "C" car was a cut-up car for interior shots only.

The "C" car was disposed of after the end of the series. The "B" car was destroyed by the train scene at the end of the 3rd film. The "A" car is the only surviving car left, which has now gone from Universal on loan to the Peterson museum (sitting next to a Magnum PI 308 GTSi).

So unless I'm missing something here, there are no other official BTTF original cars. BTW, a VIN pic of the "A" car from the documentary shows 5216, if memory serves me correctly, which would fit because it was a grooved hood, no gas flap.
    You have it backwards. It is VIN 5261 not 5216. By my calculations of 80 cars a day, roughly built on October 20th 1981. Mine was off the production line (5778 ) at around 2 p.m. on October 28th 1981. Mine was on the same dock at the same time as 5261. That one went to California, mine went to CT, then by truck to Troy QAC, then on to the Dealership in Grand Rapids, then via a Dealer to Dealer swap to Battle Creek where it was purchased by the previous owner on June 9th 1985 with 6,000 miles on it (Mine was used in Dealer promotions due to bankruptcy proceedings)

I am interested in this car because he is around Redford, about 30 miles from me. Curious to see who he is: Who I know (In our area), Byron (BYRON's D), Joe (1.21GW), Mike (TIMEZUP), Shannon, and me (DOCBRWN), if there is another DeLorean out there it would be cool to find it.

--Doug
    Last edited by aotmfilms; 08-12-2016 at 03:38 PM.

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    FWIW We know the legacy of the A (hero), B (stunt), and C (cutaway) cars from the first film. We also know Bill Shea owns the car from BTTF 3. Is this a car D? B was destroyed and C was hardly a car... Does any one have any information on if there were any others used in BTTF 2 or 3? If Shea's Ep 3 car is not A or B then it's possible they had another interiors car...

Personally I think the guys is either full of it or someone lied to him and he's trying to save embarrassment. I think it's probably the first thing.

Cheers
    Steven
    Here: http://www.bttf3delorean.com/Where_are_they.html

Dated but still good information.

--Doug

My VIN:    6214

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post

Cheers
    Steven
    For BTTF Part 2 the three cars from the first movie were used, plus Universal built a fiberglass replica with folding wheels for the flying shots. For part 3, they built the 2 desert cars and then one that was used as a stunt car during the scene where the DeLorean pops a wheelie as it's being pushed by the train. Like you said Bill Shea owns one of the desert cars, I think the other one was eventually destroyed, the train stunt car is now on display at Universal Orlando and is looking pretty rough.

I also think this guy is full of it, the props he has don't even look like the ones from the movies.

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post
    Here: http://www.bttf3delorean.com/Where_are_they.html

Dated but still good information.

--Doug
    What are the credentials of the author of the link you provided? I was under the impression from the documentary that only 3 cars were used for the entire trilogy.
    Jeff

What are the credentials of the author of the link you provided? I was under the impression from the documentary that only 3 cars were used for the entire trilogy.
    I recommend buying the OUTATIME DVD. The extra features are very good, and Steve and Joe go more in depth on the 7 cars that were used throughout the trilogy.

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeaboy1 View Post
    I recommend buying the OUTATIME DVD. The extra features are very good, and Steve and Joe go more in depth on the 7 cars that were used throughout the trilogy.
    I bought it and watched it. I only recall them citing the 3 cars (A,B, &C).
    Jeff

My VIN:    Between VINs

I bought it and watched it. I only recall them citing the 3 cars (A,B, &C).
    I enjoyed the film and meeting Steve at DCS. One 'criticism' I had about it is that they were a little pedantic about the three car claim. It's very precisely worded that they're discussing ONLY BTTF1 cars, but they state it in a very nuanced way. They could have added a quick line or two about the provenance of the BTTF3 cars. The documentary is almost exclusively about the first movie's cars, which actually fits pretty well given the car was restored back to the Doc Brown car hauler reveal scene and not the more iconic Mr. Fusion setup at the end of the movie.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast