FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The Ressurection of BLWNAWY

Quote Originally Posted by BLWNAWY View Post
    Be careful with Grundy or any other collector car coverage unless you only drive your car to shows/events. I just got this response from them: "Thank you for contacting Grundy Worldwide. For any vehicle on the collector policy you cannot use the vehicle for running errands, taking trips out of town unless it is being used for hobby related use such as a car show, tour or parade. To visit a friend out of town on an extended trip we would consider that daily use [and not covered]." I am awaiting responses from Classic Collectors (much cheaper) and Safeco as to their use policies.
    Yes, I know that. I've only had one claim so far with Grundy, and they mailed a check without even sending an appraiser.

Hagerty may be more permissive as far as use, but their quote was about 3x higher than Grundy.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

At least for me, if I select 'daily driver' on Hagerty's quote page, it comes up denied...lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by BLWNAWY View Post
    I replaced the 3 carpet pieces behind the seats and steam cleaned the rest. The headliners, upper door panels, and door A & B post trim were replaced, and the seats reupholstered. Ductwork was blown out. There is NO smell or smoke damage remaining. None.

I spent a lot of time undoing the previous (Texas) owner's "handiwork" including a steering wheel held on by a crude tin plate, wiring splices just twisted together, removing an ugly aftermarket interior mirror and shift knob, fuel line changes, etc. Luckily I know every bolt and wire on the car, having rebuilt it before in '90-'95. One of the biggest challenges was sorting out the maze of wiring shown below. It now looks original, and everything worked the first time except the electric choke which just turned out to be a missed blown fuse (and the radio as noted before).
    Good to know it was easy to clean everything up, and get it sorted out. I remember seeing those blue LEDs and how proud the guy was of all the electrical work he had done to the car. I did not, however, know just what kind of work it was the he did.

Holding on a steering wheel with an octagon jbox cover is one of those things that seems clever at the time, but is just dangerous as all hell.

thomas-betts-24-c-6-jpg-300Wx300H.jpg
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Resurrection...

Just thought I would tie off this thread - after about 11 months work the car is basically finished. I lost weeks waiting for a new custom air cleaner to be made, and then gave up and used an aftermarket one. And then 2 weeks ago, while installing the last part (louver) the driver's side torsion bar broke! All is finished now with the exception of new A/C lines and replacing the radio, neither of which are urgent.

My goal was to save the car and not see it get parted out. Unfortunately my plans to keep it have been less successful as I need space and funds for another project that has been put off too long. Sometime this fall I will reluctantly be offering it for sale once again.

016.jpg020.jpg022.jpg025.jpg
    1981 DeLorean w/supercharged Chevy V6 - purchased 1990; built '90-'95; sold 2005; re-purchased 2016; sold again 2017
    1957 Dodge D500 Hemi convertible - restoration completed 7/2015; sold 12/2019
    1957 Dodge 2-door station wagon, 2019 Chrysler drivetrain
    2000 Corvette convertible

My VIN:    4877

She looks good....too bad you have to let her go....maybe one of your other cars could go? hehe
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    maybe one of your other cars could go? hehe
    Goldwing? Yes, but I'd probably just get another Harley. The Dodge? In a few years. The Corvette? Never.
    1981 DeLorean w/supercharged Chevy V6 - purchased 1990; built '90-'95; sold 2005; re-purchased 2016; sold again 2017
    1957 Dodge D500 Hemi convertible - restoration completed 7/2015; sold 12/2019
    1957 Dodge 2-door station wagon, 2019 Chrysler drivetrain
    2000 Corvette convertible

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4