FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Switched accessories relay

My VIN:    10515

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Question Switched accessories relay

Hi all,

I've searched the forum, but I'm not finding what I'm looking for. If it's here, please do point me there instead of re-hashing the discussion. Thanks!

I'm looking for the answer to *THIS* question: Which relay controls the ignition key 'accessory' power?

I'm sure someone may want to say "Why do you want to know?" or "What do you plan to do with it?" Please, if someone can help me correctly read the relay and fun diagram, I'd appreciate it.

I want to add a secondary accessory plug that is only powered when the key is set to accessory, or on.

Thanks
    Dave

DeLorean Relay Panel.jpg

My VIN:    03572

Relays 16 and 17 are the switched power relays with your key. One is on with the first key position and both are on with in the run position.

If you want to add another relay. You would tap the small white or small white blue wire (signal wire for each relay) depending on which key position you want your new relay to turn on.

The AUX relay with the small white/blue signal wire is your "accessory" (radio power) relay.
    Last edited by Bitsyncmaster; 08-14-2016 at 05:48 AM.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    10515

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Relays 16 and 17 are the switched power relays with your key. One is on with the first key position and both are on with in the run position.
    As usual, thanks Dave