FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: How To: Proper use of the floor jack and jack stands on the front/rear of a DeLorean

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by ASquared150 View Post
    Bumping because I have the same question.
    I did that one time. After I backed the car up on the ramps, I set the parking brake, and put it in gear. Then, I used 2 floor jacks to lift the front from the side jacking points. Next I put 2 jack stands in the appropriate place on the front frame. Removing the car from the perch is the reverse procedure.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    10201

I ended up just jacking up the front as normal while the car was in gear with the parking brake on since I didn't get any responses before I did it.

My VIN:    16355

DMCCA Jack

I have purchased a Jack for my D as it was missing when DMCCA did an Inspection Report. I has yet to see the Jack but am I correct in thinking a block of wood is a sensible precaution to use when jacking the car up to change a tire. The photos are very useful IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by outatym2001 View Post
    Proper use of the floor jack and jack stands on the front and rear of the DeLorean.
    Please read the descriptions on the two pictures.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9