FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Need advice. I just inherited a 1981 Delorean with 1,248 miles. Been in dry storage

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Congrats! We are located a little north of you. Let us know if we can assist you in making the car road worth again!

-Josh Bengston
    DeLorean Industries
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    6409

Club(s):   (DOC-UK) (DOI)

That s amazing , congrats on the purchase great story
    Best of luck with it !

Cheers
    Shane
    only from the past can we choose the correct path for the future...

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

With all of the experience they have resurrecting Deloreans you should be able to get a pretty good quote on just what needs to be done and how much it will cost BEFORE they start working on it. You should ask for that and hold them to it. Also have some idea of when it will be finished. There should be some kind of warranty on the work too. It will not be inexpensive. You need to plan for the expense and either work out a payment plan or some other way to pay for this. While the car may look good there will be a lot of work necessary. Thousands of $$$$ in fact. As important as the work on the car is, the paperwork is also important. You need to get the Title and the executor of the Estate must sign it over to you so you can Title it in your name. You should also insure it right away at least for theft and damage.
    David Teitelbaum

All the ownership/title stuff is already worked out... executor has provided all that and signed the stuff the state DMV required me to get. I insured it before I ever put it on a trailer to bring it home.

I am however very curious for a ballpark idea on what I'll be looking at to get it running, replace all hoses/lines. fuel pump stuff.. service transmission/clutch as needed... update electrical stuff & replace all necessary brake components.

I have no idea if I am looking at $5000 or $20,000.... It would be nice to have a ballpark idea

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    With all of the experience they have resurrecting Deloreans you should be able to get a pretty good quote on just what needs to be done and how much it will cost BEFORE they start working on it. You should ask for that and hold them to it. Also have some idea of when it will be finished. There should be some kind of warranty on the work too. It will not be inexpensive. You need to plan for the expense and either work out a payment plan or some other way to pay for this. While the car may look good there will be a lot of work necessary. Thousands of $$$$ in fact. As important as the work on the car is, the paperwork is also important. You need to get the Title and the executor of the Estate must sign it over to you so you can Title it in your name. You should also insure it right away at least for theft and damage.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Feel free to email us and we can provide a detailed quote of what it normally takes to bring a car back to life.

[email protected]
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Just out of curiosity, why does it have 2 different plates front and rear on it, from two different states?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Congrats on getting the car! It looks incredible!
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

The tag on the front is my papaws. I left it on there for now. The car was in Virginia, I'm in Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why does it have 2 different plates front and rear on it, from two different states?

new thread created. WITH PICS! Brought the car home....1st time it's been out of the warehouse & outdoors in 34 years

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

If it doesn't require much cosmetic work and you have all of the work done by others, it is closer to $20,000 than $10,000. The more you can do yourself the lower the cost.
    David Teitelbaum

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast