FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: P J Grady Tech Day and "Cruise to the Show" - weekend September 24th & 25th

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

P J Grady Tech Day and "Cruise to the Show" - weekend September 24th & 25th

There is a great car show scheduled for Sunday 9/25 that is sponsored by Nassau County and is taking place in Eisenhower Park Long Island N.Y. This is an annual two day event which draws over 1000 judged collector cars and many more spectators. The organizers approached me yesterday with the idea of making the Delorean the featured marquee at this years event. This would be the first time at this show and would be a great opportunity for positive exposure for the cars with we which all share a passion. The day begins at 9AM with a (optional) seven mile cruise (parade) to the show by all of the registered entrants (line up begins at 7AM)*. The motorcade will proceed to a beautiful state park with a paved parking area for all entrants and numerous trophies for all judged vehicles will be presented. In addition, there will be automotive, food, and various other vendors promoting their products and services.

Two years ago I attended this event with my green Delorean and had a great time with the enthusiastic crowd and great field of cars. I stayed nearly till its closing (around 5pm) late in the afternoon. There is a small $15. fee for all entrants to cover insurance, trophy and other costs but admission is otherwise free to all attendees. I would strongly encourage you fine Delorean owners who attend, to sign up for the judging, so that everyone can park together in a controlled, insured and secure area for maximum exposure of our stainless, gull-winged classics. The organizers have arranged for discounts at two nearby hotels for people who sign up early enough and need lodging at a discounted group rate***. Besides class trophies there will be best in show, people's choice and others that our cars will be eligible for and I believe we have a good shot at, as the featured marque.

Although this event is actually held over two days featuring Corvettes and a free concert on Saturday I have another plan for that day, the 24th**. I'd like to host a social/tech day at P.J Grady Inc. and extend a welcome to all members of the DMA and LINYDMC clubs a well as the DMCToday and DMCTalk forum members. There will be a continental breakfast served followed by a light lunch in the afternoon. We plan to start at 9AM and go until late in the afternoon. I will do tech presentations on door adjustments, weatherstrip installation, and internal door repairs with a Q & A session to follow. Other surprises and discounts will be offered for that Saturday only to all who attend. We will post updates on Facebook as things progress. There is no charge for this event but it is reserved to Delorean owners and immediate family only, due to space considerations. We will reach out to local hotels ASAP to see if a group rate on a hotel is feasible for this day as well. If all goes as planned this could become an annual happening. I hope to see many of you at one event or preferably both.

Robert Grady,
    P.J.Grady Inc.

*Must have final head count for either or both events by September 12th

Hotels for Social/Tech at P.J.Grady's (Friday Night) All in Zip 11779
    **Clarion Hotel & Conference Room $129.00/night, Roadway Inn Macarthur Airport $124.00/night or La Quinta $159.00
    WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND: checking www.booking.com prior to reserving for less expensive rate specials

Hotels for "Cruise to the Show" (Saturday Night)
    ***Red Roof Inn - $129.00/night Zip 11590 or Garden City Hotel - $199.00/night
    Ask for CRUISE TO SHOW RATE

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

P J Grady Tech Day and "Cruise to the Show" - this weekend

RE: head count

Please call to confirm your attendance for Saturday and/or Sunday

Details:

Saturday
    9am arrival at PJ Grady
    10am-12:30 - Tech session on door adjustments and Q&A to address any other topics for instruction
    12:30 - 2 - Lunch
    2pm - Road Rally begins

For Sunday, see links below for the Cruise to the Show information - only day 2 information applies. Plan to meet at Eisenhower Park fields 6 and 6A for instructions as to where to corral the DeLoreans at 7am for the parade. For the show only, meet at 9am fields 6 and 6A. To confirm attendance for the show a $15. FEE for entry, parking on the show grounds and insurance is required. If not in show, then FREE uninsured parking is available in the general lot. Headcount is required by 9/20.

Please reach out with any further questions.

Cheers,

Jessica

LINKS

http://cruisetotheshow.com/welcome

Cruise to the Show | Cruise to the Show
    cruisetotheshow.com
    CRUISE TO THE SHOW IS A 2 DAY EVENT Event Information is Subject to Change Cruise to the Show is FREE to spectators! register your vehicle to display at the show ...
    http://cruisetotheshow.com/registration

Vehicle Registration | Cruise to the Show
    cruisetotheshow.com
    advanced registration for vehicle participation is now closed, but you can register on-site day of show. advanced registration is not required to participate.

http://cruisetotheshow.com/content/awards-format

Awards Format | Cruise to the Show
    cruisetotheshow.com
    New for 2016 - In Honor of the late, great Mr. George Barris, a new Annual Award entitled the Barris Cup will be dedicated not to a specific car, but rather to an ...
    http://cruisetotheshow.com/lodging

Lodging | Cruise to the Show
    cruisetotheshow.com
    Phone: (516) 747-3000 or 1 (800) 547-0400 Group Name: Cruise To The Show (NEGLNR) Book By: 04/13/2016: $199 per night plus applicable taxes. Since 1874, The Garden ...