FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: DaraSue and 10907's excellent adventure

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    Why does it stick in my mind that you don't have a throttle shield... might be wrong..
    Throttle sheild?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Covers the spool so water doesn't go down through engine cover and cause havoc.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Ahh ok...adds to my list of things to get...hehe.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Definitely a requirement in wet weather.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Thats awesome camoflage...no one will ever know whats parked under all that snow....hehe.
    After I cleaned the snow off I saw a guy taking pictures. I would have gone out and talked to him, but it was still snowing, ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    Why does it stick in my mind that you don't have a throttle shield... might be wrong..
    I didn't when I was there, but I got one at Midwest. Probably one of the better decisions I made this trip. Good thing I remembered or I might have been trying to improvise in the parking lot at Home Depot, lol...

Ahh ok...adds to my list of things to get...hehe.
    I've got an extra one at home I'll sell you for $10
    Last edited by DaraSue; 05-19-2017 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    After I cleaned the snow off I saw a guy taking pictures. I would have gone out and talked to him, but it was still snowing, ugh.

I didn't when I was there, but I got one at Midwest. Probably one of the better decisions I made this trip. Good thing I remembered or I might have been trying to improvise in the parking lot at Home Depot, lol...

I've got an extra one at home I'll sell you for $10
    Awe...snow is nothing to be afraid of...unless you're out there in a bathrobe..in which case you might wanna seek some professional help...hehe.

Hehe...sure (so many things on list to get....lol)
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Awe...snow is nothing to be afraid of...unless you're out there in a bathrobe..in which case you might wanna seek some professional help...hehe.

Hehe...sure (so many things on list to get....lol)
    My apologies to the motel for using their washcloths as socks, trying not to get frostbite while cleaning off my car in sandals, lol.

Next year I'll bring it to you when I tour the west coast...

Good news today, my car started up even after sitting in the cold and snow all day yesterday. I was a little nervous because this might have been the first time it's ever been out in freezing weather at all, let alone buried under a foot of snow.

Of course, right when I was about to get going, the freeway was shut down again because somebody couldn't stay in their lane. I took the opportunity to go back to Perkins and pick up the cookie I'd bought 2 nights earlier and forgotten to take with me during all the confusion of their credit card machine not working. On the way I swung by the Guard base to get a pic with this C-130. Wish I'd have noticed how badly composed this shot was while I was still there, arrrgh. Maybe I'll get a better one on the way to DCS next year...

IMG_20170520_092900.jpg

Stopped for gas at the skankiest gas station ever on the west end of Laramie. No pix of the bathroom, fortunately for all of you. The one working stall did have a bunch of graffiti from travelers saying who they were and where they were going, which was kind of cool. Would have been tempted to add to it if I'd had a Sharpie. Maybe something along the lines of "my car is the best thing in this nasty-ass truck stop", haha.

Still some scattered clouds...
    IMG_20170520_131634.jpg

Passed under some stormy skies, but didn't get worse than a little light rain.
    IMG_20170520_140901.jpgIMG_20170520_143343.jpgIMG_20170520_143645.jpg

Things cleared up a little around Rock Springs. I was tempted to try and find the shop that worked on my car the first time I was bringing it back from Chicago and say hi, but since my phone had no service I skipped it.
    IMG_20170520_150847.jpg

I went the wrong way off the ramp and had to turn around to get to the Flying J. Fortunately their sign didn't say "no DeLorean turn around."
    IMG_20170520_153047.jpg

The clouds move back in...
    IMG_20170520_154856.jpg

Uneventful drive through the western half of WY.
    IMG_20170520_155813.jpg

The sky continued to be threatening...
    IMG_20170520_160743.jpg

...and less so.
    IMG_20170520_163334.jpg

Finally made it back into my state...
    IMG_20170520_175516.jpgIMG_20170520_183231.jpg

...where because I'm clearly mentally disturbed, I decided to go to work for half a shift.
    IMG_20170520_195634.jpg

Four hours later, both car and owner are ready for bed.
    IMG_20170520_232442.jpg

Altogether, I think I put almost 5000 miles on my car in the last month, had a lot of fun showing it off to friends and family and total strangers and just driving around (even if it was exhausting). This has truly been the road trip of a lifetime, and my tremendous thanks to Mike and Dave at DMCMW, Danny at DMCCA and Josh at DPI for all their hard work that kept me from getting stranded!

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    My apologies to the motel for using their washcloths as socks, trying not to get frostbite while cleaning off my car in sandals, lol.

Next year I'll bring it to you when I tour the west coast...

Good news today, my car started up even after sitting in the cold and snow all day yesterday. I was a little nervous because this might have been the first time it's ever been out in freezing weather at all, let alone buried under a foot of snow.

Of course, right when I was about to get going, the freeway was shut down again because somebody couldn't stay in their lane. I took the opportunity to go back to Perkins and pick up the cookie I'd bought 2 nights earlier and forgotten to take with me during all the confusion of their credit card machine not working. On the way I swung by the Guard base to get a pic with this C-130. Wish I'd have noticed how badly composed this shot was while I was still there, arrrgh. Maybe I'll get a better one on the way to DCS next year...

Stopped for gas at the skankiest gas station ever on the west end of Laramie. No pix of the bathroom, fortunately for all of you. The one working stall did have a bunch of graffiti from travelers saying who they were and where they were going, which was kind of cool. Would have been tempted to add to it if I'd had a Sharpie. Maybe something along the lines of "my car is the best thing in this nasty-ass truck stop", haha.

Altogether, I think I put almost 5000 miles on my car in the last month, had a lot of fun showing it off to friends and family and total strangers and just driving around (even if it was exhausting). This has truly been the road trip of a lifetime, and my tremendous thanks to Mike and Dave at DMCMW, Danny at DMCCA and Josh at DPI for all their hard work that kept me from getting stranded!
    Id suggest investing in these nifty inventions called shoes..hehe

Lol...at this rate I may not be done by then.

Didnt document the skankiest gas station? Thats the whole point of a road trip...lol

5000 miles is alot in one month, one heck of a shakedown cruise also.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

See post 164

Quote Originally Posted by SS Spoiler View Post
    See post 164
    So if any of us make it to Montana, can we sleep on your couch?

Once my roommate and his girlfriend and kids move out, I'll have more space to run a DeLorean-themed air-b-n-b if anybody else ever visits the badlands of Utah...

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast