FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: DaraSue and 10907's excellent adventure

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

lol..yeah someday I'll have to decide what to carry too....
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    10907

A fairly mundane adventure today, just gave it a short wash and then took it for a short drive, but it was noteworthy because it hit the big 3-5. 20180207_151129.jpg Another thousand miles or so and it will have 1000 miles per year of its existence!

Also noteworthy because the rubber pad came off the brake pedal. It appears to still be intact, does it just slip back on?

Nice...but you'll have to go further if you wanna hit that 5-0 anytime soon.

Not sure on the brake pedal...maybe get some glue?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Nice...but you'll have to go further if you wanna hit that 5-0 anytime soon.

Not sure on the brake pedal...maybe get some glue?
    Well, I've put 14,000 miles on it in the first year and a half so I'm definitely making up for lost time...

I found this thread about the pedal pads: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?56...new-pedal-pads Dave S. says they should fit on without needing to be glued, but I'm not sure why it came off in the first place. It didn't look damaged. I'll see what happens.

14k..thats good then...hehe. (I certainly cant boast that)
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Dara, congrats on the big 3-5.
    If the rubber pedal pad isn’t damaged, stretched, or breaking down, I would try cleaning the pad and pedal with dish soap and water. Rinse well and let it dry. Then see if it stays on.

If not, I also recommend the new pedal kit. They fit tightly and it makes a great addition to the car.

Cheers,
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    Also noteworthy because the rubber pad came off the brake pedal. It appears to still be intact, does it just slip back on?
    The rubber pedal cover should just slip back over the metal. There's a recessed area with a lip. It's a bit of a struggle to stretch it enough to slip it over the flat part of the metal but it can be done.

Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Yes, the pad should slip back on. However, once it has worn enough to come off, it’s typically better to put a new pad back on. It will last very long time. Mine was missing when I got my car 24 years ago. I put a new pad on it back then and its never come off since then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Yes, the pad should slip back on. However, once it has worn enough to come off, it’s typically better to put a new pad back on. It will last very long time. Mine was missing when I got my car 24 years ago. I put a new pad on it back then and its never come off since then.
    I did end up buying a new set from MW. When I got a good look at them it turned out my clutch pedal was only halfway on and was pretty worn out, too so I replaced them both. It took some effort, but I used a sturdy pants hanger hook to stretch the pads out enough to fit all the way on. And then a couple days later the clutch pedal pad in my CRX fell off. It's like they're all rebelling...

First big road trip of the year! SLC to Moab via the scenic route.

20180610_170647.jpg IMG_20180610_155605.jpgIMG_20180610_170755.jpg

No disasters so far. We even toughed it out without the a/c most of the way. I let my friend drive for a few miles but she was a little out of practice with a stickshift (and used to the old-style 3-speed) so she handed the keys back at our next stop. It was making me kind of nervous so it was probably just as well.

My car now has 1000 miles per year of its existence:

20180610_164544.jpg

Only 1000 in the last 4 months, I'm slipping...

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast