FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: DaraSue and 10907's excellent adventure

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

been out of town for a few days, so just catching up on this thread... glad to hear you and 10907 made it back in one piece. thanks again for stopping over in omaha and sharing a bit of your adventure with me!
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by dvonk View Post
    been out of town for a few days, so just catching up on this thread... glad to hear you and 10907 made it back in one piece. thanks again for stopping over in omaha and sharing a bit of your adventure with me!
    No problem... it always make me smile when my car can make somebody else as happy as it makes me!

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    Hehe..thats funny.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

IMG_20160905_200316.jpg

Waiting to get the right thermostat and hose in before my next weekend road trip, but really, just driving to work is an adventure

Havent had any more mishaps or niggles happen?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Havent had any more mishaps or niggles happen?
    Nah, but I've only been taking it on short runs (to work/the shop/joyride a few exits up the freeway). My buddy wanted to take it out to Wendover for a photoshoot tonight but I figured I better not push it until I get the cooling system 100% sorted out (or as close as I can get right now). Caught the temp gauge creeping up toward the 220 mark the other day (it usually stays between 160-190) but by then I was where I was going so I didn't watch it further. Hopefully it was just normal fluctuation (IIRC I was on surface roads at the time).

Nice. Sounds like once you get the correct parts in there, you'll be all set.

Looked at the pictures you posted and I may be mistaken..but your exhaust looks different than mine..is that a stage 1?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Nice. Sounds like once you get the correct parts in there, you'll be all set.

Looked at the pictures you posted and I may be mistaken..but your exhaust looks different than mine..is that a stage 1?
    The seller said it had a DPI exhaust so I assume it's this one http://www.deloreanindustries.com/spec-i-exhaust/

Somehow mine's not quite that shiny, lol...

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Just some observations that could or should be corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post

Attachment 46036 The Radiator Shroud end flap is supposed to be on the other side of the A/C HP switch Adapter block.

Attachment 46053 Obviously replace the kinked hose as you mentioned.

Attachment 46055 The bolts through the fuel tank closing plate should be replaced with ones that are flush in the nut. Especially where the A/C lines lay on them to prevent potential chaffing.

Attachment 46059 It would be a good idea to Double Nut the TAB

Attachment 46064 You might want to find out what the blue scotch lock wire tap is doing there. It's not Normal and they are a despised little device. If you car has the Eagle style hi-torque lightweight starter, it's possible that tap is attaching the Starter trigger wire (W/R) with the ignition by-pass relay circuit (BL/Y). It works, but it's a less than Idea way to do it. I it were me I'd change it.
    Glad to here you had an overall Excellent Adventure.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 09-09-2016 at 02:57 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Just some observations that could or should be corrected.

Attachment 46036 The Radiator Shroud end flap is supposed to be on the other side of the A/C HP switch Adapter block.

Attachment 46053 Obviously replace the kinked hose as you mentioned.

Attachment 46055 The bolts through the fuel tank closing plate should be replaced with ones that are flush in the nut. Especially where the A/C lines lay on them to prevent potential chaffing.

Attachment 46059 It would be a good idea to Double Nut the TAB

Attachment 46064 You might want to find out what the blue scotch lock wire tap is doing there. It's not Normal and they are a despised little device. If you car has the Eagle style hi-torque lightweight starter, it's possible that tap is attaching the Starter trigger wire (W/R) with the ignition by-pass relay circuit (BL/Y). It works, but it's a less than Idea way to do it. I it were me I'd change it.
    Glad to here you had an overall Excellent Adventure.
    Sorry I'm a total n00b but I want to make sure I understand what I'm looking at. IMG_20160830_113332_edited.jpg Is the black metal part supposed to be positioned differently in relation to the gold square part? Is it a matter of moving the existing stuff around or would I need a different part?

Re the bolts, you mean I need shorter ones, that don't stick out as much on the top?

The seller said he put in a DMCH low-draw starter. What's the preferred configuration for it? (Not going to try and mess with it myself, but I'd still like to know...)

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast