FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: DaraSue and 10907's excellent adventure

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Dont worry about the turn indiciator, people will just assumed youre a senior and forgot your turn signal...which amy also mean they wont drive in your blind spot...hehe.
    Haha... I don't think the signal was actually on, just the green indicator lighting up steadily. Another weird gremlin for MW to check out, assuming I make it there without the car catching on fire or anything...

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Lets hope that dont happen..lol.

Did you stop and look to see if the indicator was on all?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Lets hope that dont happen..lol.

Did you stop and look to see if the indicator was on all?
    Yeah, I looked at it when I stopped for the night, details here: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?15...switch-gremlin

It's always something, lol. hopefully this is the worsf problem I have on this trip ...

I think as long as a gang of prius driving smurfs dont find you, you should be fine.....
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Into the badlands of Nebraska today.

IMG_20170418_161841.jpg

Stopped for lunch in Sidney, faced my most daunting challenge yet...

IMG_20170418_142147.jpg

After about 5 minutes I got it somewhat straight and parallel to the curb. When I came back out from lunch there was a kid taking pictures, he started to run guiltily back to his mom's car when he saw me coming but I flagged him down and let him get one with the door open. I think he might have gotten one with me in it so I hope I don't have some terrible celeb-on-their-day-off pic floating around Facebook or something now, lol. Another lady came up to talk to me about it after they left, and she said they had a Doc Brown there, too. The best one was when I was driving around looking for a restaurant and I passed this cop, he followed me down the whole main drag and then pulled in behind me when I stopped at mini-mart. I looked over at him and he was just like "Hey, cool car!" I opened the doors so he could get a pic of it b/c he said his buddies would never believe it without photographic evidence.

The daily gremlin struck just outside North Platte so I drove the last hundred miles without the radio. Fortunately I had a pair of airline freebie headphones in the car so I could at least listen to my "DeLorean Mega Mix" playlist.

I forgot about the time change so I only made it 300ish miles before sunset but I'm halfway to Crystal Lake so no turning back now...

Seems like a fun trip so far...and if you get feeling lovely, you have your gremlins to keep ya company

I try to avoid parallel parking.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Seems like a fun trip so far...and if you get feeling lovely, you have your gremlins to keep ya company

I try to avoid parallel parking.
    Definitely beats being at work

That town didn't have too many actual parking lots. Maybe I could have just parked at one of the businesses and hoped they were too busy oohing and aahing over the car to call a tow truck.

My VIN:    4665

I'm so glad to see you on your way to DMCMW. They will make it right. I'm assuming you are having the comprehensive review completed by them, and if not it is strongly recommended.

Nothing witty here lest it offend

I highly recommend this:

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-SoundCo...etooth+speaker

After you get done, you'll want it for your deck/bathroom/garage anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    I'm so glad to see you on your way to DMCMW. They will make it right. I'm assuming you are having the comprehensive review completed by them, and if not it is strongly recommended.
    Yeah, they did a bunch of work on it when I first got it, and now I'm just taking it back for the stuff that's shaken loose since then. Weird startup issues and electrical stuff, mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    I highly recommend this:

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-SoundCo...etooth+speaker

After you get done, you'll want it for your deck/bathroom/garage anyway.
    Thanks for the recommendation! I'm going to pick it up in early May for another 3000 miles of driving so I might want to get one of those.

Made it to Iowa City today, so another few miles and I'll be within AAA towing distance of MW.

IMG_20170419_165418.jpg

Had another occurrence of the ignition gremlin when I stopped for gas and this time clicking the light switch didn't fix it. I just kept taking the key out and putting it back in and after about 5 tries it started.

A more sensible person probably wouldn't have made any more unnecessary stops but I finally got some interesting weather for photo ops.

IMG_20170419_181721.jpg IMG_20170419_185454.jpgIMG_20170419_185631.jpg
    The last two were taken in the parking lot of the Iowa Rural Water District a few miles past Altoona. That place has a nice unobstructed view to the west and there wasn't anybody around to tell me to get lost.

Another issue found while stopping for gas: somehow I'd lost one of my front license plate screws. Fortunately this was more easily fixed than all the other ones I've been having.

IMG_20170419_212118.jpg

Also ticked off another thousand miles.
    IMG_20170419_194836.jpg
    Note to self: pick up a new lambda sensor at MW, because you're going to need it by the time you get home

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast