FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: DaraSue and 10907's excellent adventure

My VIN:    4665

The orange sunset sky photo should be on a calendar or poster. It's great.

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    The orange sunset sky photo should be on a calendar or poster. It's great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    DONT PANIC! Read that in a book somewhere....

Those are some really nice pictures. Ya know, I never seen a picture of a delorean under a disco ball (random thought)
    Thanks, you guys. If there's another DeLorean calendar next year, hopefully these are high-res enough to get one in there. Meant to take the DSLR camera but forgot it, as I usually do.

Got a few decent ones with my cellphone for Instagram. This isn't one of them, but still documented another milestone in my car's life

IMG_20161020_160609.jpg

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

You caught the 23000k mini milestone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Gonna hit 24000 on this trip. I'm halfway to Vegas right now. So far no massive issues, except I was getting a whiff of gas fumes intermittently, but talking to Stephen @DMCH just now it sounds like it's just cause my gas cap is old and crappy. ItWas most noticeable when I was going through the passes in central UT and that's when it was running the hottest so if the cooling fans were drawing fumes into the cabin, that would make sense.
    IMG_20161115_143610.jpg

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Cool. Dont get too high on them fumes...hehe
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

If you are at highway speed your radiator cooling fans don't run unless the A/C is on or it's hot and your going up a long incline. The cabin fan fresh air inlet is about 8-10 inches from the fuel fill area. If you ever get a small spill from filling up, your guaranteed to smell fumes in the car till they evaporate.

DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

I was going up some pretty sustained grades. It was the first time I've seen the temp go up over 180 without being in traffic since replacing the thermostat.

...and now I've got bigger problems, b/c 30 miles after I posted that, I heard something pop and my RPM started dropping. Coasted off the freeway, gas smell was really bad and there was a puddle under the car. AAA had to send a fire truck, they looked underneath and said it was a loose clamp. Too much of an incline to try to jack it up myself. I've got chocks and stuff but it's pretty windy. Tow truck out of Cedar City should be here soon. Good thing I didn't make hotel reservations in advance,LOL...

IMG_20161115_164932.jpg

DaraSue and 10907's excellent adventure

Oh boy, loose clamp under the car. Is the puddle under the middle accumulator area or up front by the tank? What's that white circle in the photo?

Make sure the tow truck driver hooks the winch cable to the frame loops, not the sway bar or lower control arms.

Last edited by DMC5180; 11-15-2016 at 07:30 PM.
    DENNIS

Ooh..ouchie...glad you got it off the road and didnt get any fire. Which clamp was loose?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Im guessing the ring is one of those breakaway fire suppression things.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast