FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: DaraSue and 10907's excellent adventure

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    I made it into Vegas with no more disasters, now everyone cross your fingers that I make it home
    Fingers, toes and eyes crossed... Good Luck!

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

My VIN:    6585

Nope. Aside from the laws on mobile electronics, it is separately illegal to attach anything to the windscreen that is non-transparent and obstructs your view. So that would net you 2 tickets.

The exemptions to this rule for non-law enforcement & utility personnel, or amateur radio operators in time of an emergency, is if it is emergency related, or you have both an autonomous vehicle which is under the control of an artificial intelligence system and a "G" endorsement to operate it.

CB Radios however are fine.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    it is separately illegal to attach anything to the windscreen that is non-transparent and obstructs your view. So that would net you 2 tickets.
    So, I take it that dash cams are illegal in Nevada?

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I guess everyone gets lost a lot then
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by refugeefromcalif View Post
    So, I take it that dash cams are illegal in Nevada?

George
    Not entirely, no. There is an exemption area of a 6" square at the bottom corners of the windshield. Also given that a dash cam is not a communication device, nor does it connect to a wireless data network, as per the law it does not fit into the same description.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    10907

Met up with a couple of local owners (including our own Bob635 and his Mrs.) tonight. It was at a meeting of their Star Trek fan club so there were a lot of other people I didn't know, but some of them were interested in the car so we found something to talk about. Another one of the attendees was Andy S from rentdelorean.com, who knew the guy who knew the guy who sold me my car, so he was excited to see it too, and he brought me a copy of the Hagerty magazine with the D on the cover and some other memorabilia. I'd post a pic but it's still in the car and this hotel is such a maze I'm not sure I'll find my way back to the room before 1 am if I go out there. After the club meeting a bunch of us went out and everybody checked out my car. It attracted some passers-by, too.

Lesson learned today: Do not park in garage 1 at the Circus Circus. Speed bumps approximately the height of Mt Everest that aren't differentiated from the pavement in any obvious way. Ugggghhh.

I've got an appointment at that Lost in the 50s place tomorrow morning to give it another once-over before I go home. I originally only wanted the hoses double checked, but I've been hearing some squeaking from the brakes, and a kind of tapping noise when I pass close to a solid object (like a concrete barrier). I drive through a maze of those going home from work and I don't remember hearing that noise before, although I usually don't have my windows down at night. Does anyone know the kind of noise I'm talking about?

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Sounds like you're having a great adventure still..meeting folks and exploring new speed bumps...hehe.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    2805

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    Met up with a couple of local owners (including our own Bob635 and his Mrs.) tonight. It was at a meeting of their Star Trek fan club so there were a lot of other people I didn't know, but some of them were interested in the car so we found something to talk about. Another one of the attendees was Andy S from rentdelorean.com, who knew the guy who knew the guy who sold me my car, so he was excited to see it too, and he brought me a copy of the Hagerty magazine with the D on the cover and some other memorabilia. I'd post a pic but it's still in the car and this hotel is such a maze I'm not sure I'll find my way back to the room before 1 am if I go out there. After the club meeting a bunch of us went out and everybody checked out my car. It attracted some passers-by, too.

Lesson learned today: Do not park in garage 1 at the Circus Circus. Speed bumps approximately the height of Mt Everest that aren't differentiated from the pavement in any obvious way. Ugggghhh.

I've got an appointment at that Lost in the 50s place tomorrow morning to give it another once-over before I go home. I originally only wanted the hoses double checked, but I've been hearing some squeaking from the brakes, and a kind of tapping noise when I pass close to a solid object (like a concrete barrier). I drive through a maze of those going home from work and I don't remember hearing that noise before, although I usually don't have my windows down at night. Does anyone know the kind of noise I'm talking about?
    That noise could be the brake pads moving in the calipers. Mine does this too and when I pass by a guard rail or concrete barrier I can hear the ticking noise. There is some fix you can do with little springs, but I haven't looked into that yet. Sometimes mine kinda squeak too and when I press the brake it goes away.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

+1

Its a subtle nuisance, but fairly normal with the delorean. The real annoyance is brake pad squeal when braking to a full stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    10907

Well, my car is taking an extended vacation, because when I took it in the shop today they found a leaking brake line on the front passenger side and I didn't feel great about driving 400 miles with it like that. The good news is, I was coming back in a few weeks anyway. Hopefully this winter stays mild until mid-Dec.

The other good news is I spent the day hanging out win Bob and Gail and we took the electric D and V8 time machine out for a spin, which was the first time I've ever ridden in a D that I didn't own, and the first time I've sat in a time machine since I was a kid.

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast