FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: DaraSue and 10907's excellent adventure

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

lol..the leopard skin seat really completes the look.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    02530

Had the chance to check out your car at DMCMW on Monday.. fun to see after reading so much about it, good luck on the rest of your road trip!

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    lol..the leopard skin seat really completes the look.
    If I were going to buy a snowmobile, that's the one I'd get, NGL...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin 02530 View Post
    Had the chance to check out your car at DMCMW on Monday.. fun to see after reading so much about it, good luck on the rest of your road trip!
    Woohoo, I'm famous! Or at least my car is. I'm going back to get it next week and continuing on to Philly and then back home, so watch this space for more updates...

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

road trip thread

Dara Sues excellant adventures points out the need for
    a thread that we can post our trips to share with others.
    It's always fun to tag along digitally. Posting routes would
    allow us to join in the fun or offer places to stay. Also if
    repairs were needed help could be available....jus' an idea

Quote Originally Posted by SS Spoiler View Post
    Dara Sues excellant adventures points out the need for
    a thread that we can post our trips to share with others.
    It's always fun to tag along digitally. Posting routes would
    allow us to join in the fun or offer places to stay. Also if
    repairs were needed help could be available....jus' an idea
    This sounds like a great idea! We could have a mini-DCS at various stops along the way

Speaking of which, I'm back on the road again. It was a rainy, kind of blah day but the rain wasn't bad enough to slow me down too much. Left MW this afternoon and made it to somewhere around Akron before I ran out of daylight. The worst problem I had was running over a plastic bag just outside of Chicago. I didn't see it come out the back so I pulled over to make sure it wasn't fusing to my exhaust or something but fortunately I stumbled off at a low-traffic exit, didn't find anything and got back on my way. The rush hour traffic hadn't even really started yet but it was still slow going past the city, and only slightly faster going through the maze of concrete death corridor construction zones in IN and OH.

Got a couple of atmospheric shots...

IMG_20170502_135918.jpg IMG_20170502_191707.jpgIMG_20170502_140356.jpgIMG_20170419_165418.jpg

There were some good photo ops of the Chicago skyline but too much traffic to mess with my phone. If you don't mind sitting in the traffic and have a passenger to take pictures, it's kind of an interesting drive past the city.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Dang those rogue plastic bags...a menace...otta be plastic bag police to arrest them and deport them back to bagsilvania.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Dang those rogue plastic bags...a menace...otta be plastic bag police to arrest them and deport them back to bagsilvania.
    Maybe I should have caught it and taped it over my roof last night, because there was a puddle on my center console this morning. Remember the time I got caught in the monsoon in Omaha and I thought I fixed my leaky roof the next day? Apparently I didn't do as good of a job as I'd hoped.

Other than that it was a fairly uneventful day. When I first started up there was a screeching noise from the back that I'd never heard before but it went away fairly quickly, and I called MW just in case and Jason confirmed that it was probably just a wet belt. I'd checked to make sure they were still attached and everything looked OK back there so I continued on into PA.

IMG_20170503_122810.jpgIMG_20170503_173317.jpg

Got to 28k today, too. IMG_20170503_171712.jpg
    At MW they said they thought my lambda sensor was newish and had probably been changed when the exhaust was replaced so maybe I'm good until 50k on that one. Hopefully they reset the counter when it was changed, we'll see what happens.

A funny thing happened when I stopped for gas in the middle of nowhere, this guy had a Darth Vader action figure that he was taking pictures of on his road trip from Maine to Ohio. I let him take a pic of it on my hood and he said he was going to post it on his Snapchat with the caption "Darth Vader wants to go back in time because he had friends on the Death Star”

I'm at the cheapest motel in the Poconos for the night, visiting my mom's cousin who lives close by. One weird thing I noticed tonight was that my a/c panel lights went out when I turned the headlights on. Not sure if they were doing that last night so hopefully the rain didn't short anything out.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Did you cycle the switch to see if they come back ON with the Headlights off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Did you cycle the switch to see if they come back ON with the Headlights off.
    Yeah, I did see them come back on when I got back to the motel and turned the headlights off.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

DaraSue and 10907's excellent adventure

Wiggle the Red by-pass resistor module in the aft relay bank. I've never heard of one failing, but anything is possible.

The other possibility is a bad A/C illumination relay. (Weak energizing coil or burned contact). You could try swapping relays (use the relay to the Right of the White module) to see if you get a change in results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DMC5180; 05-03-2017 at 10:33 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast