FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: DaraSue and 10907's excellent adventure

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Hehe..If I do go with seat covers, Im gonna have to find something...unique...perhaps a cheshire cat or something...lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

seat covers

Bet that was Bruce Benson?

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    A former original owner I know had Sheep skins on his seats for 30 years. One day he showed up at an event and I asked if he had gotten new seat covers. He said, they were the originals. They looked brand new very soft and supple. All those years under the skins kept them out of the sun. The car had over 100k on it too. No garage queen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Correction: He had removed the sheepskins and the SEATS looked like NEW. Not new seat covers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    10907

Today's adventure was really pretty mundane (driving to work for 10 hours of overtime) but it's noteworthy for being the one-year anniversary of the day I picked it up from DMCMW. This time last year I was driving west in my dream car for the first time and it was just the beginning of 11,000 miles of awesomeness.

20170822_183716_Film1.jpg IMG_20170822_200122.jpg

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    .....it's noteworthy for being the one-year anniversary of the day I picked it up from DMCMW. This time last year I was driving west in my dream car for the first time and it was just the beginning of 11,000 miles of awesomeness.
    Congrats of your first year of D awesomeness!
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Yaay..congrats on a year of having her...awesome way to celebrate...overtime at work...hehe.

I think I celebrated 2 years by fixing my speaker panels and getting some bits back on my car...lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    Today's adventure was really pretty mundane (driving to work for 10 hours of overtime) but it's noteworthy for being the one-year anniversary of the day I picked it up from DMCMW. This time last year I was driving west in my dream car for the first time and it was just the beginning of 11,000 miles of awesomeness.

20170822_183716_Film1.jpg IMG_20170822_200122.jpg
    Yesterday morning while driving through Sinclair Wyoming I stopped to get gas and the guy that work there came running and said that mine was second Delorean he had seen there and showed me a Picture of your car w the plate "In Flux" he was disappointed with the Mississippi plate I was still running on they way home, I told that my plate on first DeLorean was 88N GON.
    Alex Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Congrats of your first year of D awesomeness!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Yaay..congrats on a year of having her...awesome way to celebrate...overtime at work...hehe.

I think I celebrated 2 years by fixing my speaker panels and getting some bits back on my car...lol

Thanks, you guys! It's been the greatest adventure of my life (mostly in a good way, LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Brooks View Post
    Yesterday morning while driving through Sinclair Wyoming I stopped to get gas and the guy that work there came running and said that mine was second Delorean he had seen there and showed me a Picture of your car w the plate "In Flux" he was disappointed with the Mississippi plate I was still running on they way home, I told that my plate on first DeLorean was 88N GON.
    Woohoo, I'm famous! That would have been on my big cross-country trip a couple months ago. My most epic adventure so far...

The adventure continued today as I hit the road for the DOA Expo in Vegas.
    20170906_160945_Film1.jpg

Naturally, I had just washed my car last night so I got rained on all through central Utah.

20170906_162914_Film1.jpg 20170906_164140_Film1.jpg

Finally getting out of Utah...

20170906_181922_Film1.jpg 20170906_172501_Film1.jpg

I stopped for the night with a friend in Moapa. She and her husband use a black light to hunt scorpions in their backyard so I got this psychedelic pic of my car.

20170906_222237_Film1.jpg

A few not-so-excellent moments, starting 100 miles out of SLC when my tach suddenly started bouncing up to 4500+ rpm and back down to it's normal 3000-ish. I was about to pull over when I realized that the engine didn't actually feel or sound different when it was happening, so I called DMCMW en route to the next service area. Mike was off today but Jason thought if the engine was still functioning normally it probably wasn't anything catastrophic. He suggested checking all the connections on the white/slate wire at the coil and ballast resistor, which I did at the rest stop. I also checked the big ground wire by the starter but nothing looked visibly amiss. I continued on and it didn't do it again for the next hundred miles, and then it was only a small blip (up to about 3500). Another gremlin for the collection...

Stopped for gas in St. George and got about the bitchiest I've ever gotten with a looky-loo. But I'm pretty sure the guy had it coming, because he walked up to me and said "Hey, funny story about that car, when the company started failing the guy started selling drugs!"

At which point I gave him the talk-to-the-hand and snapped "No, he didn't! It was the government's deal and the government's coke!"

Guy: "Well, that was the rumor."

Me: "The bust actually happened, but it was a setup. A government agent solicited him."

Guy: *mumbles something unintelligible*

Me: "And he was acquitted!"

I would have kept going but I guess he figured out that wasn't going to get to mansplain JZD's coke bust to me and wandered off. I guess I was nicer than some people would have been, but I usually try be more jocular about explaining the actual facts to people who aren't malicious in their ignorance. The guy just really rubbed me the wrong way. Like, why on earth would you think an acceptable way to start a conversation with someone who's driving an exotic classic car is to tell them unflattering "facts" about it as if they've never heard them before?

The other and possibly worst thing that happened was that I tripped over the curb at the first rest stop and did some pretty painful damage to my right pinky toe. I think it might be broken but I can still hobble on that foot and driving is bearable so idk whether to waste $100 going to the ER just so they can wrap some tape around it. So much for my plans to wander around the Strip tomorrow...

Love the anit-grav garage ya got there...I guess lit by black light, it makes sense...hehe.

Broke toe...hmm...guess you'll have to give the car away now...hehe.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Love the anit-grav garage ya got there...I guess lit by black light, it makes sense...hehe.

Broke toe...hmm...guess you'll have to give the car away now...hehe.
    Hahaha, IDEK what happened with that pic. It looked normal on my phone. It's probably aliens.

And nah, it's not nearly as hard to drive with a broken toe on my gas foot as it was with one on my clutch foot. Last time it was the 2nd toe on my left foot and getting to the hospital (in my CRX, which has a much lighter clutch) was... not pleasant...

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast