FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: DaraSue and 10907's excellent adventure

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    I've started noticing some short-lived idle RPM fluctuation on startup but I hear it's a fairly common quirk so I'm trying not to freak out too much about it. Other than that, everything seems good. Hoping to get down to Vegas at the end of the month!
    Yep, searching at startup is normal. But yeah, a lil hard to get used to at first, specially after driving modern cars...hehe.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Idle hunt is also more noticeable as the startup temps drop with the change of season. IE: takes longer for the engine to warm up at idle.

Dennis
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    10907

Well, as those of you who have been following my other thread know, this week's adventure wasn't so excellent. There were still some good moments, though.

Picture 2471.jpg

The drive out, probably about 20 minutes before I stopped and discovered the latest coolant problem. While I was stopped that time, I met a couple who were also going to Wendover and ended up following me there to make sure I made it. I ended up running into them later when I went out to get dinner and we decided since fate had brought us together again, we should become Instagram friends. The wife is a photographer and wants to do some shots with my car.

Picture 2486.jpg

Another cool shot I got pretty much completely by accident, lol...

Picture 2493.jpg

As close as I wanted to get to the salt flats...

I completely forgot to take any pix of it on the tow truck, haha...

Dang...I wanted to see the tow truck...
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Dang...I wanted to see the tow truck...
    The poor guy took forever to get to me because despite telling the dispatchers twice that I was on the eastbound side, they still sent him to the WB stop, and I'd borrowed somebody else's cellphone because mine had no service and the pay phone was out of service too so he couldn't even get a hold of me. At least they got the flatbed right.

Yeah, they can sometimes be a little slow in understanding....when I had to get mine towed, I gave them specific mile marker and even the sign on the bridge that was right where I was and that i was on the southbound side....not to mention how many deloreans are sitting on the side of the road? lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Yeah, they can sometimes be a little slow in understanding....when I had to get mine towed, I gave them specific mile marker and even the sign on the bridge that was right where I was and that i was on the southbound side....not to mention how many deloreans are sitting on the side of the road? lol
    I'm just glad he didn't decide he'd been punked and take off, LOL...

He said he'd never seen a DeLorean in person before. Nice to know my car can still brighten somebody's day even on a tow truck.

Hehe...yeah, when I had mine towed from home to dmcnw, the driver took a picture...I guess they have a board at their station where they post pictures of strange cars they tow...hehe.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Well, I failed an eye exam and can't work until I get glasses, and when they still hadn't arrived this afternoon I took sick leave and took another shot at driving to Wendover. This time went better than last time in the sense that I made it home under my own power instead of on a tow truck. Had the dead volt/temp gauge thing again but no coolant issues so it's looking like the gauge thing is more of a gremlin than something to panic about (although I panicked slightly anyway).

It was totally worth it though, because I got some sweet pictures out by the salt flats. There were quite a few photographers swarming around my car, so I guess everybody else did, too.

Picture 2993.jpgPicture 2983.jpgPicture 2984.jpgPicture 2985.jpgPicture 3074.jpgPicture 3009.jpgPicture 3024.jpgPicture 3025.jpgPicture 3061.jpg

DONT PANIC! Read that in a book somewhere....

Those are some really nice pictures. Ya know, I never seen a picture of a delorean under a disco ball (random thought)
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast