FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Dash Cover

My VIN:    3236

Dash Cover

I'm looking to get a dash cover for D. My interior is the grey interior and the dash is starting to get that horrible brown color. I've looked online and have see. many options online from different companies. I don't want to get the carpet cover. I would like to get something that is as close to the original looking dash without breaking the bank. I'm curious if anyone out there has found something that they really like?

My VIN:    1150

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by pshoremo View Post
    I'm looking to get a dash cover for D. My interior is the grey interior and the dash is starting to get that horrible brown color. I've looked online and have see. many options online from different companies. I don't want to get the carpet cover. I would like to get something that is as close to the original looking dash without breaking the bank. I'm curious if anyone out there has found something that they really like?
    I got my cover directly from the original Dash Mat company which is now a division of Covercraft http://www.covercraft.com/us/en/dash-covers and they have the DeLorean measurements already in their system for a custom fit on most of their product line. I didn't want the usual "carpet" type of mat either. I have what they call their "Velour Mat" version, which is a much softer and thinner material, and as the name implies, has a velour like texture to it. A quick check of their web site shows that they still offer it for our cars, and at only $39. I've had it for over 15 years now in the Florida sun and it still is soft to the touch and protecting my dash & binnacle under it. I actually bought it for my previous DeLorean, and moved it over into my newer car when I got it almost 6 years ago. I have the black interior, and to "lighten things up a bit" in the cabin I got the Velour Mat in their grey color, which is a near perfect match to our grey headliners, so it would also match well on a grey interior car I'm sure. Here's a few pics of mine...

20150226_135138.jpg20150226_135125.jpg20150226_135207.jpg

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

I have the limited edition DashMat shown here:
    http://www.covercraft.com/us/en/shop...lorean-dmc-12/

As you can see, it's not carpet-like in the least. In fact, it has a very high-end feel to it that really looks sharp in person.
    IMG_1344.jpg

It's money well spent, IMO... especially if you still have your original dash.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    6631

Club(s):   (AZ-D)

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    I have the limited edition DashMat shown here:
    http://www.covercraft.com/us/en/shop...lorean-dmc-12/

As you can see, it's not carpet-like in the least. In fact, it has a very high-end feel to it that really looks sharp in person.
    IMG_1344.jpg

It's money well spent, IMO... especially if you still have your original dash.
    That is a really nice look! Is that the "smoke" color? I think that might look nice in my grey interior car as well!

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

No, that's the Black color.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    No, that's the Black color.
    Thanks for the thoughts everyone! I like the looks of both of them. Im stuck on the Limited edition one and the Suedmat from http://www.covercraft.com/us/en/shop...lorean-dmc-12/

What does everyone think about the sued one? It looks more flat in the close color pictures.

My VIN:    6631

Club(s):   (AZ-D)

Thanks for the thoughts everyone! I like the looks of both of them. Im stuck on the Limited edition one and the Suedmat from http://www.covercraft.com/us/en/shop...lorean-dmc-12/

What does everyone think about the sued one? It looks more flat in the close color pictures.
    My guess would be that the suedemat option may show touch marks like real suede does...if you rub it against the grain anyway. I don't know that for sure, but someone here might

The Purchased Cover

Hey everyone I wanted to post these in case someone else was thinking about getting one and wanted to see what the one looks like that I went with. You are seeing pictures of Suedmat one that I purchased from http://www.covercraft.com/us/en/shop...lorean-dmc-12/ I went with the grey color. The pictures are from when I first got it and you can see that it still needs to shape to the dash just a little. Honestly it fits very well. I am very happy with the shape and material. It does not leave marks on the sued like I thought it would when you rub your hand across it. The material has a very nice feel to it. I think the thing that I am most impressed with is how they shaped it for specifically the D. It also comes with velcro that is sewed to cover and the other piece has a sticky strip that goes on the dash. If you decide to remove it completely it can easily come off and you can remove the sticky part with basic dawn dish soap and a little water.IMG_6727.jpgIMG_6728.jpgIMG_6729.JPGIMG_6730.JPGIMG_6731.jpgIMG_6732.JPG It is a very nice product and I would highly recommend it.

My VIN:    3997

Hey everyone I wanted to post these in case someone else was thinking about getting one and wanted to see what the one looks like that I went with. You are seeing pictures of Suedmat one that I purchased from http://www.covercraft.com/us/en/shop...lorean-dmc-12/ I went with the grey color. The pictures are from when I first got it and you can see that it still needs to shape to the dash just a little. Honestly it fits very well. I am very happy with the shape and material. It does not leave marks on the sued like I thought it would when you rub your hand across it. The material has a very nice feel to it. I think the thing that I am most impressed with is how they shaped it for specifically the D. It also comes with velcro that is sewed to cover and the other piece has a sticky strip that goes on the dash. If you decide to remove it completely it can easily come off and you can remove the sticky part with basic dawn dish soap and a little water.IMG_6727.jpgIMG_6728.jpgIMG_6729.JPGIMG_6730.JPGIMG_6731.jpgIMG_6732.JPG It is a very nice product and I would highly recommend it.
    Suedemat is the ONLY dashmat I have ever liked in my car. I have one in Black on my car. I love it.
    Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997

My VIN:    3997

Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997