FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: warm start

warm start

Yaaa its a nice Sunday here in Minnesota
    Yesterday we were able to replace acc. and FPR o-rings.Took D 6341 for a 20 min. test drive.Ran good, when we came back turned car off and did a restart.Started fine,waited 20 min. would not start.Checked spark,spark o.k.
    I will have to do a rest pressure test.Can I just watch air plate under air cleaner or is their a good spot for a guage?
    I read earlier about possible broken banjo bolt in fuel dist.?
    Any suggestions? thanks,bob

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

Build up pressure by either running the car, or by turning the key to run, but not start many times.

Then remove your cold start valve and put it in a container to catch any drips - make sure its not bleeding down through the CSV.

Another possibility may be a bad check valve at the fuel pump, not sure how to check that.

My VIN:    03572

A 20 min restart problem must be a pretty bad rest pressure leak. You can tap the air plate after you turn the engine off to find out how long you hold rest pressure. Do move the air plate, just check until there is no resistance.

If you have still the the original fuel accumulator then go ahead and replace it. Even if that is not your problem it will be a problem soon.

Edit: I guess your did replace the accumulator "acc". Still do a rest pressure timing.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

info

Thanks for the info.This weekend I will do a rest pressure test.Also check the cold start valve. bob