FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Selling my 1981 DeLorean

My VIN:    scedt26t1bd004761

Selling my 1981 DeLorean

Selling asis runs drives owned it over 12yrs. Due to unjust law im forced to sell. 35k obo
    Attached Images

What kind of law is making you sell??

Quote Originally Posted by Seabee View Post
    What kind of law is making you sell??
    Being broke with wifes ex husband not paying for child support or wanting to take care of children. 26500 obo

My VIN:    Not yet...

Quite a drop in a week! Can you post some history on it and additional pics?

Quote Originally Posted by osudrummer View Post
    Quite a drop in a week! Can you post some history on it and additional pics?
    History on it. I know when I first bought it 10some years ago I managed to shatter the flex plate. That was replaced. Through the years it was slowly brought back to driver status. Just sits in the garage more than me taking it out on a nice summer day. Just ask and I'll answer.
    Attached Images

Ill do my best to answer questions, I am not one for selling cars, just like to buy them and fix them. Mileage is just under 64k. Only issue that I know of is hard to start when cold, after that it fires right up and never gives me any troubles. No damage to the car, just two dings on the hood(family when I was out of state putting something on the hood) and a small ding on the right rear quarter lip(door ding). I have always done my own oil changes replaced things and normal maintenance that needed to be done though years. DMC midwest tried to fix the AC when I first bought it but failed miserably and took my 1500 anyways. Passanger window needs replacement, or rebuild. I have tested motor and it is completly dead both directions. Its been like that since I bought it. I can take more pics but almost all are on my camera right now. More are on CL http://appleton.craigslist.org/cto/5754935675.html
    Anything else just ask
    Darrell

Could you post a list of the parts that you or previous owners have replaced over the years? Also could you raise the car on a lift and take a series of photos covered the entire frame?

Theres no rust I dont own junk.

Red face your dmc for sale

is your car still for sale? Been there with the ex crap. My ex husband never paid any child support all my kids lives, he got left both businesses, I leined the house to pay off taxes for him and picked up the pieces by myself as well as more stories that benefited him and his family over me and the kids. Now twenty years later he wants to be in my adult childrens lives and they don't want anything to do with him or his family. Would love to buy your car. I have saved $20,000 but your car is definitely worth atleast twenty five to date from what I have seen out there. If this car is sentimental to you and I am sure if I ever get one, I would have a terrible time parting with it just keep it for awhile and enjoy having it, got to have some fun in life I have surrounded myself with delorean people and events in the meantime and have met the greatest people and had some fun this year I never expected. Met Bob Gale from the movie and I will save til I can afford to buy my car. I have learned through the hard times to try and hang on to some things and live right enjoy the kids and your car and your family. I live now in Montana ,kids are near by here and we are okay things get better with age and the most important is now things aren't as hard as when we were in schooll and all of that.Good luck in the future with your car if you decide to sell it just had to vent a little, been there hug the kids.There is a great picture of our delorean car owners here in Montana on billings gazette 2012 archives from burn the point event shows friends I have met, Vern Ball, Brian and Justin. Great group to know. I love how they did their picture really makes me smile. Check it out. Mary

Sold my dmc-12 thank you all who were interested and support. Hopefully I can buy a wrecked one sometime soon.