FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1982 Knight Industries Two Thousand. (Paging Chris)...

My VIN:    05017

Hey, I found a 1982 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Night Rider KITT Car, asking $8,000 for it, on Craigslist here's the link.. It has the wrong dash, but I it's nice looking. lol

http://ocala.craigslist.org/cto/5717960386.html

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Dude thats awesome!!! I cannot wait to see this! I'm a huge Regular Car Reviews Fan. When I was working in China (and bored) I watched every single regular car review. Congrats; I cant wait to see the badassery of this review!

Also, a couple years ago I binge watched Night Rider on Netflix and convinced myself I had to have a KITT. Eventually I gave the idea up (at least for now), and based on how difficult it is to drive, it looks like I made the right decision. Still an awesome car, just not very practical. (though owning a DeLorean, it's not easy to talk about practicality, haha)
    Did you have to do any special work-arounds to be able to watch youtube in China? Or is it a myth that it's banned there...
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DL4567 View Post
    Did you have to do any special work-arounds to be able to watch youtube in China? Or is it a myth that it's banned there...
    Definitely not a myth, "the Great Firewall" is a very real thing. Not everything is blocked (like this site wasn't blocked), but a lot of other things were. Anything google based was blocked, including youtube, pretty much every social media platform was blocked, and a lot of other random things. Luckily there are a lot of VPN services available, usually about $10 a month. The main thing is that you have to set up a VPN service BEFORE you go because otherwise once you're behind the wall, it's almost impossible to setup the service. Personally I used ExpressVPN on all of my devices. Every now and then the government would be able to block access to the server I was using but the VPN was always one step ahead. Usually I just had to just connect to a different server.

Its a good thing I had the VPN because there was rarely anything to watch on TV, as I only had 2 english channels (BBC News and Discovery). I relied on the internet a lot, hence watching all of the Regular Car Reviews.

I remember watching the original DeLorean Regular Car Review, then the Stage II DeLorean Regular Car Review, and wondering if they'd ever do any more. I'm stoked to hear Josh's is going to be on their channel!

My VIN:    5302

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Definitely not a myth, "the Great Firewall" is a very real thing. Not everything is blocked (like this site wasn't blocked), but a lot of other things were. Anything google based was blocked, including youtube, pretty much every social media platform was blocked, and a lot of other random things. Luckily there are a lot of VPN services available, usually about $10 a month. The main thing is that you have to set up a VPN service BEFORE you go because otherwise once you're behind the wall, it's almost impossible to setup the service. Personally I used ExpressVPN on all of my devices. Every now and then the government would be able to block access to the server I was using but the VPN was always one step ahead. Usually I just had to just connect to a different server.

Its a good thing I had the VPN because there was rarely anything to watch on TV, as I only had 2 english channels (BBC News and Discovery). I relied on the internet a lot, hence watching all of the Regular Car Reviews.

I remember watching the original DeLorean Regular Car Review, then the Stage II DeLorean Regular Car Review, and wondering if they'd ever do any more. I'm stoked to hear Josh's is going to be on their channel!
    Very interesting. I appreciate the reply!

Sounds like someone going to China better hope their VPN service is set up properly before going, would hate to find out once they're there it doesn't work or something... yikes!
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    That's awesome. I 'discovered' RCR about 9 months ago, when they did the airplane review. Then I went and watched them all the way through from the beginning. I was already fans of them by the time I got to the Delorean reviews, but seeing they did their DMC vids without ever explicitly mentioning BTTF really endeared them to me even further. The videos are accessible enough that my wife watches them and was really excited to hear that you are going to be on next week. You probably won't remember, but we sat across from you at dinner at DCS on Friday, we were the younger couple (not last years raffle winners) that sat next to Lenny.

Really enjoyed your car, can't wait to see it on RCR soon.
    I remember you guys! Thank you for the kind words. Im getting pretty antsy to see the review myself!

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    3610

I hope to have him review my car, if he does I would hope he debunked a lot of delorean misinformation.

Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech RamblinDMC's Avatar

My VIN:    2203

I spoke with Mr. Regular for about an hour on the phone last year. He was going to review my 1953 Ford Customline.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2