FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to remove the small light socket in the AC panel

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    Man that sucks!

Has your knobs always stuck out that far since you own the car?
    Yeah, I've been trying to fix this problem for the last few months. I got the car in June. Your idea of using a few nuts at the top is a good cheap idea. I'll try that out before I buy the new box for sure!

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by spikeygg View Post
    Yeah, I've been trying to fix this problem for the last few months. I got the car in June. Your idea of using a few nuts at the top is a good cheap idea. I'll try that out before I buy the new box for sure!
    There is a mod that doesn't cost anything. You remove the third relay from the left, top row and stick a jumper into the bottom slot and the right slot. Now the panel is only lit up when you turn on the lights. This will save the panel from a lot of excess heat. You can do it with LED's too. From the DML 11/13/95 Thanks to Chris.
    David Teitelbaum

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

It is a cheap thing to do. Dave T os right and thought you might have known of that mod as i came into this thread late. Just use 2 spade connectors and some 12/14 ga wire and you will be good to go. Like Dave said, the hvac panel will only light up when you first turn on your lights.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2