FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Passenger side and dash lights went out

My VIN:    7122

Passenger side and dash lights went out

The other day I turned my lights on and the drivers side tail running light and side markers were fine but the passenger tail running light and side markers were out. All of the dash and console lights were out as well. I checked the fuses and they are ok and my stop lights work on both sides. Any ideas? I really need to order the poster wiring diagram from DMC.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by smcguiga View Post
    The other day I turned my lights on and the drivers side tail running light and side markers were fine but the passenger tail running light and side markers were out. All of the dash and console lights were out as well. I checked the fuses and they are ok and my stop lights work on both sides. Any ideas? I really need to order the poster wiring diagram from DMC.
    Yes, yes you do.

The left and right sides are on separate fuses, and the interior stuff is on the right side fuse Fuse 8 red/orange. If the fuses are good, then you get to start tracing the wiring. But I'd look for a fuse terminal being pushed out the bottom.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    03572

My left side went out a few years ago and the fuse would keep blowing. Turned out one of screws holding the shift plate onto the center console was shorting a wire.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    7122

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Yes, yes you do.

The left and right sides are on separate fuses, and the interior stuff is on the right side fuse Fuse 8 red/orange. If the fuses are good, then you get to start tracing the wiring. But I'd look for a fuse terminal being pushed out the bottom.
    You called it. Bad fuse terminal. I pulled all fuses out while I was there to check all of them and upon close inspection most of them were already oxidized and I just put new fuses in 6 months ago. I just ordered a new fuse block (why I didn't get the diagram at the time I have NO idea) and I was going to hold off to install it, but I think I might just go ahead and dedicate a weekend to sit in the car and get my fuse block swapped out as well as my relay sockets (which the PO replaced with ones that have smaller gauge wires !?!?!?). I think I have a very fun weekend ahead of me. But once its done it will be a glorious day!