FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Power Antenna Replacement

My VIN:    16355

Thank you for the advice. Hope the job is easy for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontilgon View Post
    There is a bit of maneuvering but pretty straight forward. I used a plastic flathead to help get peel it away from the car. It was the original antenna so its been on there awhile. Waiting to hear back from DMCH on the proper amp to use. I'm going to use 14GA wire and a spade fuse type. Hopefylly get to it this weekend. Ill photo when done.

replacement antenna wiring

wondering if anyone has some knowledge on this

I put in new antennas. Removed relay. I have original radio and there are two wires to the relay area. Red and Green. the antenna has a red and blue wire.

wired red to red and blue to green one nothing hqppens. antenna won't raise when radio is turned on. is this the correct way to wire it?

what do i do with he ground wire, that is part of the antenna

are their any other issues that my be preventing it from working?

any help is appreciated.

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

1164FF0B-36AD-4EFF-9766-DEFA1139135A.jpg

This is an idea I’ve been toying with, these are hidden antennas for Harley Davidson’s, and I think it would work well under the rear window behind the carpet at the parcel shelf. Powered too. Just a thought .

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean Wingman View Post
    wondering if anyone has some knowledge on this

I put in new antennas. Removed relay. I have original radio and there are two wires to the relay area. Red and Green. the antenna has a red and blue wire.

wired red to red and blue to green one nothing hqppens. antenna won't raise when radio is turned on. is this the correct way to wire it?

are their any other issues that my be preventing it from working?

any help is appreciated.
    At the power antenna, the red wire is the power, the blue wire is the signal from the radio that tells the antenna to go up and or down, the black wire is ground and you should just connect that to the bracket that the antenna mounts too. There is a pink wire coming off the radio that is power for the antenna, (red wire).
    I’ve noticed new power antennas don’t have a relay mounted on them, they are now internal of the antenna.

Is the antenna supposed to go up only when the fm radio is playing or is it any time the stereo is on (like when playing a cassette)?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

My VIN:    #4595

Depends on the deck you are using. Many of the ones I looked at send power to the antenna anytime the stereo had power but some higher end ones are a bit more intelligent and only do it when FM is selected. Since the deck I wanted sent power all the time, I added a small push button switch in the path to the antenna and now I can control it as desired.

My VIN:    1890

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean Wingman View Post
    The mounting points for my original antenna were not grounded. So I had to run the new antenna black ground wire to a good metal ground. I ran it back to the area where the original relay was mounted.
    Robert
    1981 DeLorean #1890
    1976 Datsun 280Z
    1968 Pontiac Le Mans convertible

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4