FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Power Antenna Replacement

My VIN:    6585

6585 Has the same exact setup too. Although in my case the inline fuse for the relay was missing. So until I took ownership of the car, the antenna never worked.

Eventually the mast did break, but I just purchased a replacement one from Darryl Tinnerstet and fed it back in without ever having to remove the assembly. So there might be a couple of solutions to consider looking into.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    6585 Has the same exact setup too. Although in my case the inline fuse for the relay was missing. So until I took ownership of the car, the antenna never worked.

Eventually the mast did break, but I just purchased a replacement one from Darryl Tinnerstet and fed it back in without ever having to remove the assembly. So there might be a couple of solutions to consider looking into.
    That had to be over 12 years ago - and you remember that???

Quote Originally Posted by BLWNAWY View Post
    That had to be over 12 years ago - and you remember that???
    It was more like 14 years ago

Absolutely I remember that, AND the Toby Tabs I bought from you. Hell, I even remember that other Vegas owner, Ron, who had to put a replacement radiator on layaway with you. I also remember the BS you were going through when someone decided to have that similar name to yours, and caused you all sorts of problems. Which sucked because you had the name first.

logo-220.gif

Still disappointed I wasn't able to get an input coupler from you. Gonna have to shell out for a single-piece input shaft when the time comes for my engine swap.
    Robert

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post

Still disappointed I wasn't able to get an input coupler from you. Gonna have to shell out for a single-piece input shaft when the time comes for my engine swap.
    I think Toby still sells those couplers I designed.

Quote Originally Posted by BLWNAWY View Post
    I think Toby still sells those couplers I designed.
    Back in 2005 Matt Olans inquired about them, and Toby said he was out of stock then with no plans to ever remake them. At least according to what Matt said he was told.
    Robert

For some reason, I opted to get the bracket that DMCH sells. I went to put the antenna on it and the big hole for mounting the mast is too large. I cannot get the mast mounting pieces to sandwich the metal of the bracket. Do you guys have any suggestions on how I can make this work?

New with and without sandwich piece
    New1.jpg New2.jpg

New vs. Old (old on bottom)
    Old_vs_New.jpg

Old with and without sandwich piece
    Old1.jpg Old2.jpg

The original piece has a 0.75" hole while the new piece has a 1.25" hole.

I sent an email to DMCH last week asking the same questions with these attachments and no one responded so I thought I'd try the forum...
    Last edited by spikeygg; 10-05-2016 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Adding more detail

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Some large washers or I can sell you a bracket.
    David Teitelbaum

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Some large washers or I can sell you a bracket.
    Very helpful David.

My VIN:    10270

I would just take tin snips to the old bracket and cut a bit square out around the original mounting hole. Do the same to another section of the old bracket and holesaw it.

Then use those pieces to make an adapter for the new bracket. The $free.99 equivalent of David's washer solution.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    I would just take tin snips to the old bracket and cut a bit square out around the original mounting hole. Do the same to another section of the old bracket and holesaw it.

Then use those pieces to make an adapter for the new bracket. The $free.99 equivalent of David's washer solution.
    This works IF you have the snips and the hole saw. Any large hardware store will have the washers you need without having to make them. They can't be expensive.
    David Teitelbaum

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast